Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just like in the show Hell on Wheels. This is my new Pietta made Griswold and Gunnison .36 caliber cap and ball revolver. My wife got me this for Christmas but it didn't arrive until yesterday. Haven't had a chance to fire her yet but when the weather clears up I will do a range report.

1357774879021.jpg

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
That's a pretty revovler you have got yourself there. Besides the historical significance, it is also ban
proof as well. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
14,099 Posts
I have given some thought as to trying something along that line, but since I have no idea of what to do I fugured it was safer to stay away.

But it is Beautiful.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
134 Posts
no it's not. they've been banned in most other countries. there's nothing that says this place will be any different, the people controlers want you to have NO weapons, not even a knife.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That's a pretty gun. I have always been intrigued by those cap and ball revolvers but never owned one. Heck, I've never even shot any black powder guns. I hope you enjoy it.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I have an idea for a DA version of cap and ball, that can deliver 10 bullets on target in less than one second. :) With one in each hand, it's like holding a Mac 11, IF you can really shoot a handgun. It will probably be stainless steel and a 3" barrel, fixed sights, at least at first.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
no it's not. they've been banned in most other countries. there's nothing that says this place will be any different, the people controlers want you to have NO weapons, not even a knife.
Welcome to Taurus Armed, tacket! :)

Please make use of the "Reply with Quote" feature at the bottom of another member's post so we can have a easier time figuring out what you are responding to. Thanks!

View attachment 44848 click on this image to zoom in.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Just like in the show Hell on Wheels. This is my new Pietta made Griswold and Gunnison .36 caliber cap and ball revolver. My wife got me this for Christmas but it didn't arrive until yesterday. Haven't had a chance to fire her yet but when the weather clears up I will do a range report.

View attachment 44783
Very cool indeed. I only have one Cap and Ball gun, but it sure is a fun way to launch lead downrange. Boooooom and Smooooooke everywhere. ;)

View attachment 44849

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I haven't shot my 1860 Colt replica in years, but it was great fun spending an afternoon putting 24 rounds through it. That smoke and sulfurous stench are all part of the experience. (Pyrodex? We don't need no steenking Pyrodex!:D) Of course, my wife made me strip off my clothes in the garage...

·
Administrator
40,276 Posts
Handsome pistola!:thumb: Love to shoot these things, not so much the reloading. I have a 1851 Navy, that if someone would be my loader, I'd shoot it all day!:D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I know it's not cap and ball, but last week at the range, the most fun I had was running about 50 rounds through my friends' Beretta Stampede.
Love those old west SA's!
(Oh, and I outshot him with it, too!...)

Reactions: chicharrones
1 - 17 of 17 Posts