Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep waiting on my card or something from the state about any problems my .background check should be pretty boring because I've led a pretty uneventful life. I checked the dates yesterday and it only been a little more than a month it just feels like six, two people that took The test with me got their finger prints sent back because there as a problem with them
I just hate waiting I guess

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
It took a grand total of about 6 weeks for my carry permit to go through...this is in Indiana, though.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Super Moderator
14,009 Posts
New Mexico required, at the time I first applied, that applicants receive their cc permit no later than 90 days after completing all requirements and submitting all paperwork. Mine came in the mail on day 89.

Then, when I opened the envelope, removed the documents and looked at the license, my joy was cut short. The name and address was mine, but the picture was of a woman in her 40s. Didn't look anything like me, I checked with my wife and the mirror to confirm.

When I called the state permit office and explained the problem, the kind lady verified my name and ID number and said she was pulling it up on her computer. There was about 10 seconds of silence, and then a softly spoken, "Oh my!"

Got the corrected permit in the mail three days later.

Patience, young Grasshopper. If you wait, it will come.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
If you have the phone # and reference # you can call and ask about them as long as you are very polite . I called after about 2-3 wks and they said it was processing and i got mine 2 wks later .

·
Super Moderator
38,009 Posts
New Mexico required, at the time I first applied, that applicants receive their cc permit no later than 90 days after completing all requirements and submitting all paperwork. Mine came in the mail on day 89.

Then, when I opened the envelope, removed the documents and looked at the license, my joy was cut short. The name and address was mine, but the picture was of a woman in her 40s. Didn't look anything like me, I checked with my wife and the mirror to confirm.

When I called the state permit office and explained the problem, the kind lady verified my name and ID number and said she was pulling it up on her computer. There was about 10 seconds of silence, and then a softly spoken, "Oh my!"

Got the corrected permit in the mail three days later.

Patience, young Grasshopper. If you wait, it will come.
That is FUNNY!

My wife's last Costco Card came in with some other woman's photo on it...Looked like Rachel Dolezal..

·
Super Moderator
38,009 Posts
I keep waiting on my card or something from the state about any problems my .background check should be pretty boring because I've led a pretty uneventful life. I checked the dates yesterday and it only been a little more than a month it just feels like six, two people that took The test with me got their finger prints sent back because there as a problem with them
I just hate waiting I guess

The wheels of bureaucracy turn slowly. It's been awhile so I don't remember exactly, but IL took at least three months...after saying that if one paid extra for "electronic fingerprints" it would speed it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts