Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you all remember the IMI Timberwolf? Have you ever fired one? It is a pump action rifle, chambered in .357mag or .44 mag. It was available for a handful of years some twenty years ago, and was first imported by Action Arms and then by Springfield Armory.

I have always wanted one, but couldn't afford one back then. And with the prices they go for now whenever one actually does come up for sale, I can't afford one now either! Perhaps I should see if I can find a good, used Taurus Thunderbolt in .357 mag....

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
This is one I wish they'd put back into production.

It'd make a great truck gun for those improptu "Hog Hunts" that pop up on ocassion. :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
The Thunderbolts seem to have come and gone so fast I'm not sure if I ever saw one in any of my LGS's.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those particular Tauri do seem hard to come buy -- almost as bad as the Timberwolf. The only Thunderbolts available on Gunbroker are .45LC. Anyway, here is an article and a video for the Thunderbolt. I would have included a vid of the Timberwolf, but I couldn't find one. It all shows me that I need to find myself a pump action .357!

Taurus Thunderbolt Pump-Action Rifle

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I remember the Timberwolf. I never fired one, but I saw a couple in gun shops years ago. Another gun I'd love to own. :cool:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I shot my uncle's a while back. While it did shoot good it was nothing special for what they now charge. It would make a good deer gun in certain states, but I did not own a .357 back then so I found it hard to justify it when I was playing around with AR's which was a heck of a lot funner to shoot.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shot my uncle's a while back. While it did shoot good it was nothing special for what they now charge. It would make a good deer gun in certain states, but I did not own a .357 back then so I found it hard to justify it when I was playing around with AR's which was a heck of a lot funner to shoot.
Isn't that way it always is? I used to have a DPMS AR years ago when I was still in the service, but got rid of it fairly soon after I got out -- I guess I considered it more of a training tool. Now I wish that it were still sitting in the safe....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts