Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added three 1911's to my collection. A few weeks ago I ordered new grips for each one from Curt Ullery at Custom Grips-R-Us. I finally got all three 1911s and all three sets of grips together and want to share pictures of the end result.

The first picture is my new Kimber Custom Shop Stainless Raptor II. The grips are carved out of a set of bookend blanks of Spalted Maple.

The second picture is my new Sig Sauer Custom Shop 1911 Max. The grips are carved from a set of Maple Burl blanks.

The third picture is my new Rock Island Armory 1911 XTM-22 Magnum. The grips are carved from a piece of Buckeye Burl.

20200725_103324.jpg
20200725_103045.jpg
. 20200725_093903.jpg

Thanks for looking and I will have all three guns at the range and a range report to follow.

Don

·
Registered
18,483 Posts
:unsure:...don't suppose you'd be up for adoptin' me or somethin'...:huh:...wuja'?

·
Super Moderator
35,535 Posts
Very nice, thanks for posting!

Reactions: BangBang

·
Administrator
39,373 Posts
A good looking trio. I really like the Rock Island Armory, and not just for the grips. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
Wow Don those are some nice looking gun's, well done sir!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Don, those spalted maple grips were worth the wait seeing on your gun. Truly beautiful. All three are.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don, those spalted maple grips were worth the wait seeing on your gun. Truly beautiful. All three are.

I am glad you like them, they are my favorites. The colors are actually a bit darker, especially the green. It is hard to get a picture exactly the way you want it with just my cellphone camera.

Here is another picture that shows the color a bit better.

Don

20200725_192234.jpg

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
21,940 Posts
Wow, those are nice. Can't decide which of the grips I like best!

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Looking good!

·
Premium Member
12,518 Posts
Lovely ladies indeed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts