Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
A manual safety is not to simply say the gun is inert now. You still treat the gun as though it has no manual safety, when the manual safety is engaged. Four rules of gun safety, always.
I totally understand that, but following the rules doesn’t mitigate or excuse defective products, no matter whose products. Not a knock on Taurus, but the whole “my finger is the safety” stuff isn’t an answer either when a mechanical issue exists (not saying one does).

I’m taking the gun to the range tomorrow and will spend a little time with it. I bought it because I’ve seen some decent reviews and the price was right.

I have a Hellcat and a P365XL, but chose to buy the G3C. I just want to know as much about it as possible.

Thanks to all for your input and comments. Much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
Let's see what your impressions are!

Reactions: neil0311

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have a half a brain it's not how you operate a gun anyway. (not throwing insult on you) only the people who do this and obviously don't have the brains to posses a firearm safely. I was watching the guy on YouTube showing this and I'm slappin my head trying to figure out WHY would some one do this?
i think he was anti taurus

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
On a side note...I’ll ask here so I don’t start another thread...

Anyone run +P or 9mm NATO through this gun? Manual says it’s OK, but looking more for whether anyone had any issues.

I have some Winchester 9mm NATO I picked up a few months ago at a reasonable price. Been using with the Glock 17 and M17, since they’re military pistols and built for that ammo, but just curious on the Taurus.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's like anything else. When you use it at it's "limits" it's gonna wear faster than if you stay under the limits. While the higher pressure ammo may not "break" the gun or put the user in danger, I am sure it will cut life expectancy somewhat if given a steady diet. And that is what the Taurus manual says as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's like anything else. When you use it at it's "limits" it's gonna wear faster than if you stay under the limits. While the higher pressure ammo may not "break" the gun or put the user in danger, I am sure it will cut life expectancy somewhat if given a steady diet. And that is what the Taurus manual says as well.
Yup, understand. Was curious if anyone has used +P or NATO rounds and their experience. I don’t plan to give the gun a steady diet but will try a few rounds if no obvious reasons not to do so.

Normally I don’t buy +P or NATO, but got 500 rounds of what I thought was standard 124gr and turned out to be WWB NATO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I sent some +P down the pipe of my G3C (bought a box by mistake didn't see the +P). Matter of fact I didn't notice it until I was at the range and put in the mag with it and noticed a louder report and heavier kick. Not drastic but I definitely knew it was different and that's why I looked at the box in detail. Nothing happened. I did not notice anything else (accuracy or gun performance). It shot and grouped the same. Just "felt" different

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Range report:

Put 50 rounds of 115gr FMJ through it. 49 rounds ejected fine. One stove-piped. I was not limp wristing the gun and never get a failure to eject from my other guns.

Overall the gun was accurate and worked as expected. I’ll break it in and run more rounds through it. Hopefully the ejection failures don’t continue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Three questions for folks...

1) who carries the G3C as your EDC?
2) do you feel confident in reliability?
3) is there a quality OWB holster for the gun with a Viridian E-series laser added?

For question #2, I own a G3C. Bought at Academy Sports in a sale bundle with the Viridian laser for $329. I couldn’t pass it up, and bought it almost on impulse.

I have a Sig P365XL, a Springfield Hellcat, and a S&W M&P Shield 2.0 in the same size range. Not sure I put the Taurus into the same quality class, but wanted to ask other owners. Have you had issues with the trigger/safety, feeding of JHP ammo? Both have been publicized issues.

As you can tell, I’m not a “fanboy” of any brand. I have a Glock 17 for home defense, along with a Sig P320. Just curious to know if the Taurus quality is good enough for carrying.

Would love to hear the good, bad, and the ugly.
I use my G3 for EDC. Prior to that, I carried a Hellcat. I had feed problems at first with self-defense ammo, but I fixed that completely. Now it fires everything flawlessly.

The G3 feels better in my hand and fires better than any other compact 9mm I have ever fired. It fits me perfectly. I have an M&P Shield and was carrying a Hellcat just before switching to the G3c. Hands down better for me than the other two.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
Range report:

Put 50 rounds of 115gr FMJ through it. 49 rounds ejected fine. One stove-piped. I was not limp wristing the gun and never get a failure to eject from my other guns.

Overall the gun was accurate and worked as expected. I’ll break it in and run more rounds through it. Hopefully the ejection failures don’t continue.
Something else to note might be the position of the misfeeding round in the magazine or the particular magazine involved to see if there's some consistency there. With a 2% failure rate it might take a while to see any pattern however.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Something else to note might be the position of the misfeeding round in the magazine or the particular magazine involved to see if there's some consistency there. With a 2% failure rate it might take a while to see any pattern however.
That’s kind of what I thought as well. The mags are new obviously, so maybe just one round.

I did watch a video on YouTube where a guy puts 1650 of all steel case rounds through the G3C and has zero issues. If you want to see and watch it, he shows every one and speeds up the video. That was impressive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re that screw. I asked on another thread and no one answered. What type of screw is that actually? I cannot seem to find a "bit" that truly fits it

·
Super Moderator
36,378 Posts
Re that screw. I asked on another thread and no one answered. What type of screw is that actually? I cannot seem to find a "bit" that truly fits it
Referring to the front sight blade, I think Al at Lakeline has spoken about it.

I may be finding out soon as I like a fiber optic front sight and may order one from him.

Reactions: jwc007 and lmichael

·
Vendor
843 Posts
Referring to the front sight blade, I think Al at Lakeline has spoken about it.

I may be finding out soon as I like a fiber optic front sight and may order one from him.
The front sight screw from Taurus is 2mm hex from memory. Use heat on it so the screw comes loose before the head is stripped out.

We should have our front fiber optic sights for the G3C in next week. They are the proper height for the rear sight on the G3C.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The front sight screw from Taurus is 2mm hex from memory. Use heat on it so the screw comes loose before the head is stripped out.

We should have our front fiber optic sights for the G3C in next week. They are the proper height for the rear sight on the G3C.

Thanks!
Thank you. That is very helpful!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts