Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased both a 609 and an 809 compact, I have to say that I was instantly drawn to the 609, being that my first ever pistol purchase was a pt 140 pro. I just received the 809C today and was impressed with the overall look and weight of the product. I have to say that I was off put by the plastic-y feel of the gun while racking the slide. The ambidextrious slide release is abit tough but being a new gun that is what I expected, I fired around a box and a half through the 809c today and did experience about three FTF's. I was trying to get rid of a batch of really light reloads so this was better than I expected, I also fired factory ammo in which it functioned flawlessly. I was not used to the tall front post sight and was shooting a few inches high at three yards, I guess im just used to the thicker front posts that are present on the pt 111, 140, 145's. Overall I am pleased with my new purchase and plan to cure my high shooting syndrome with practice, practice, practice. I have to say that I am most pleased with the recent purchase of my Taurus 609 this pistol was on special on black friday a couple of years ago. My neighbors son purchased it as a truck gun and fired around 30 rounds through it since the purchase date, he said he couldn't hit a damn thing and was looking to get a "Block or a Glock which ever it was*" so I offered to take it off his hands. I got a great deal on it and am shocked with the accuracy that this gun produces. I felt right at home with the larger grip of the 609 and it has almost an instinctive point and shoot feel to it. Overall I would get rid of my 809c before I part with my 609 and at almost half the price you cant afford to pass this gun up! Im sure ill be saying the same thing about the 809 after a few hundred rounds, so if you find a good deal both of these can provide you with a safe, reliable and accurate pistol for plinking and self defense.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Interesting. A Millennium Pro with a hammer! Did the 809C come with both the standard and extended magazine? The cool thing is that I get to shoot it in a couple of weeks!

You want to trade that 92 for a levergun?

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
My 809c came with both the 13 rounder and the 17 rounder with sleeve.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply haha It came with the extended 17rd mag and a 12rd mag, The 17rd mag brings the same grip dimensions as the regular sized 809 and Ill definetly bring it up! Also ive been scoping out buds for a Rossi, haha we'll "Talk"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts