Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traveled a few miles out of the way today and visited NC to venture to a Dick's Sporting goods store just to maybe find some ammo. What I found was a scene from 2006. Every shelf, every bin was full of every caliber and brand of ammo imaginable. I swear to you that my wife and I both almost teared up at this beautiful sight. It has been far too many months since I was able to walk into a store and have an almost unlimited amount of choices. I originally went in for round nose CCI MiniMags but ended up with 3000 rnds of a mix of 7.62X39, 7mm Mauser, 8mm Mauser, 7.7 Jap, .45 ACP, 9mm, .40 S&W, 7.62X54R, 6.5 Swedish, 6.5 Jap and all of that is not even counting the 2000 rnds of .22 LR that was split evenly between CCI RN MiniMags and Remington Thunderbolts. I asked was there a limit and the salesman said "nope, we have a large shipment arriving tomorrow and really need to make room for it so buy all you want."
There was even a point that I considered the potential of an overdraft on my checking account to not be such a bad idea. For the record, my wife was equally as giddy as me and is responsible for quite a few of those purchases herself. So to sum it up, I think I found where all the ammo has been hiding lately. After we made our purchases it didn't even appear as though any of the boxes had left the shelves, they were that well stocked. So after that blissful moment we went to our local indoor range and blew through 500rnds of the .22 to properly break in our new Ruger MkIII 22/45 which performed flawless with the Remingtons.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Nice score! I've been steadily seeing more ammo pretty much at all the stores I go to.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
The Dicks in my area seemed stocked as well the last time I stopped in , even 250 bulk paks of .45 !

·
Administrator
17,583 Posts
Sweeeeet! Congratulations! ;D

Even 7mm Mauser! Hope things are turning around now! The supplies have yet to catch up around here. Even .22's are scarce.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
We have a Dick's Sporting Goods and a Super Walmart just across the line in Danville, Va. As of last week Dick's only had a few of the high priced SD ammo in a few calibers and Walmart was bare shelves as usual. I hope it's getting better but it;'s not getting better everywhere yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts