Thread: taurus 905 Moon clip! Please Help

View First Unread

LinkBack

Search Thread

Rate This Thread

Display

02-26-2012 10:14 PM#1

sjenk288 [OP]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member #: 25036
Liked: 0 times

taurus 905 Moon clip! Please Help

I have a Taurus 905 I lost the moon clips it came with, So I ordered a set from "R&RARMS". The problem I am aving is that when the moon clip is loaded the rounds are to far apart to fit into the cylinder? I ordered the clips for the 9mm. Is there mor than one size clip for the 905?

Reply Reply With Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Sunset_Va

02-27-2012 08:51 AM#2

Sunset_Va

Member #: 9615
Liked: 8 times

No, they possibly sent you the wrong moon clips, perhaps for the 405, 9mm cartridges would fit those moon clips I think.

This company makes excellent moon clips for the 905, I have ordered from them,great service.

Ranch Products

Last edited by Sunset_Va; 02-27-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 08:52 AM#3

Sunset_Va

No, they possibly sent you the wrong moon clips, perhaps for the 405, 9mm cartridges would fit those moon clips I think.

This company makes excellent moon clips for the 905, I have ordered from them,great service.

Ranch Products

They don't seem to have an online catalog, but call them, they will give you info, take order , or send you a printed catalog.

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 11:11 AM#4

whodog

Member #: 14233
Liked: 759 times

Stellar clips can be ordered from Taurus... You can shoot the 905 w/o the clips...

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 12:35 PM#5

sjenk288 [OP]

Originally Posted by whodog

Stellar clips can be ordered from Taurus... You can shoot the 905 w/o the clips...
I have tried to fire without the clips. The revolver fails to fire. I have dis-assembled and cleaned all parts checked for a bad fireing pin and also checked the springs.Ii guess my next step is to send it back to Taurus. I will take some dimentions of the clips and post a diagram. If any one has a single moon clip I can try I will be happy to purchase one from someone. I will gladly pay for the clip and postage if anyone can assist me.

Attached ImagesPTDC0002.JPG‎(130.2 KB, 6 views)
PTDC0003.JPG‎(208.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by sjenk288; 02-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 12:57 PM#6

whodog

E mail sent, sjenk288....

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 01:44 PM#7

RevolverFan

Member #: 10807
Liked: 182 times

Tom @ TK Custom has clips that he machines which are much better than stock. The are a little pricey, but they will last much longer.

Welcome to TK Custom.com & Moonclips.com

HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 05:31 PM#8

JohnM

Member #: 24469

Originally Posted by sjenk288

I have tried to fire without the clips. The revolver fails to fire. I have dis-assembled and cleaned all parts checked for a bad fireing pin and also checked the springs.Ii guess my next step is to send it back to Taurus. I will take some dimentions of the clips and post a diagram. If any one has a single moon clip I can try I will be happy to purchase one from someone. I will gladly pay for the clip and postage if anyone can assist me.

Attachment 22404
I was led to believe it would fire without the stellar clip.... I sure hope so, mine is being shipped now. Can others confirm this either way? Maybe the newer ones do not??

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 07:01 PM#9

Sunset_Va

I think it has to do with rim spacing,the moon clips hold the brass at the correct distance for the firing pin to make a solid strike.

Never tried not using the clips in my 905, don't really see the point.

whodog likes this.

Reply Reply With Quote .

02-27-2012 07:25 PM#10

harley 1986

Member #: 14013
Liked: 275 times

I order all my stellars from Taurus. Funny part is I have been using the same clips for over a year. I have no problem I learned to roll the rounds into the clip and roll them out. By roll I mean give them a twist as I install and remove the rounds. Now I have seen some folks that force the rounds straight in and out of the clips or they lift the rounds out and bend the clips. I keep extra clips loaded and they work better than the speed loaders for my 38 snubby.

Also I have fired rounds out of my 905 without the clips but its a pain to have to push each casing out of the cylinder one round at a time!

I hope you get it all worked out, I carry mine from time to time just to have a different and LIGHTER weapon on me. Its also a lot of fun to take to the range.

whodog likes this.

U.S.A.F. (76-80), Tx CHL and LIFE MEMBER NRA

Reply Reply With Quote .

Page 1 of 212Last

3Likes

View First Unread

LinkBack

Search Thread

Rate This Thread

Display

sjenk288 [OP]

I have a Taurus 905 I lost the moon clips it came with, So I ordered a set from "R&RARMS". The problem I am aving is that when the moon clip is loaded the rounds are to far apart to fit into the cylinder? I ordered the clips for the 9mm. Is there mor than one size clip for the 905?

Reply Reply With Quote .

Sunset_Va

Sunset_Va

Ranch Products

Reply Reply With Quote .

Sunset_Va

Ranch Products

They don't seem to have an online catalog, but call them, they will give you info, take order , or send you a printed catalog.

Reply Reply With Quote .

whodog

Reply Reply With Quote .

sjenk288 [OP]

Reply Reply With Quote .

whodog

Reply Reply With Quote .

RevolverFan

Tom @ TK Custom has clips that he machines which are much better than stock. The are a little pricey, but they will last much longer.

Reply Reply With Quote .

JohnM

Attachment 22404
I was led to believe it would fire without the stellar clip.... I sure hope so, mine is being shipped now. Can others confirm this either way? Maybe the newer ones do not??

Reply Reply With Quote .

Sunset_Va

I think it has to do with rim spacing,the moon clips hold the brass at the correct distance for the firing pin to make a solid strike.

whodog likes this.

Reply Reply With Quote .

harley 1986

I order all my stellars from Taurus. Funny part is I have been using the same clips for over a year. I have no problem I learned to roll the rounds into the clip and roll them out. By roll I mean give them a twist as I install and remove the rounds. Now I have seen some folks that force the rounds straight in and out of the clips or they lift the rounds out and bend the clips. I keep extra clips loaded and they work better than the speed loaders for my 38 snubby.

Also I have fired rounds out of my 905 without the clips but its a pain to have to push each casing out of the cylinder one round at a time!

I hope you get it all worked out, I carry mine from time to time just to have a different and LIGHTER weapon on me. Its also a lot of fun to take to the range.

whodog likes this.

Reply Reply With Quote .

Page 1 of 212Last

3Likes

View First Unread

LinkBack

Search Thread

Rate This Thread

Display

sjenk288 [OP]

Reply Reply With Quote .

Sunset_Va

Sunset_Va

Ranch Products

Reply Reply With Quote .

Sunset_Va

Ranch Products

Reply Reply With Quote .

whodog

Reply Reply With Quote .

sjenk288 [OP]

Reply Reply With Quote .

whodog

Reply Reply With Quote .

RevolverFan

Reply Reply With Quote .

JohnM

Attachment 22404

Reply Reply With Quote .

Sunset_Va

whodog likes this.

Reply Reply With Quote .

harley 1986

whodog likes this.

Reply Reply With Quote .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked up the Taurus 905 9mm 2in Stainless Snubby 9mm Revolver today.... and hit the range on the way home (with only a slight detour). Normally I would have cleaned and oiled the gun to get the factory grease and such out... but a paper towel did a quick job of it at the range.

Very comfortable gun, shoots great and feels good. Stellar clips held the 9mm rounds just fine no problems and were easy to load/unload... and very quick to load the whole cylinder at once. For grins I tried to shoot without the stellar clips and no problems shooting, but ejecting can be an issue. After shooting without the stellar clip, I pointed the gun up and tapped the grip in my other palm and most shells came out or loose, some needed a picking out with either finger nail or shell casing. Exactly what I expected.

I have the Taurus 94 SS 22 9shot Revolver (another recent purchase) and it is the same size and similar weight. The sights on the 22 are much better (adjustable) whereas the 905 is fixed in the frame. A little neon nail polish might be in order for the 905.... I sure wish they came with the adjustable sights on the 905... and I wonder if they can be "smithed" in the frame (something I will check into).

All in all... quite pleased with the 905 and I can pack it with my 9mm Ruger KPs when I go to the range and only take the 9mm ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts