Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
See how "...a sense of calm has descended upon the neighborhood..." when an operation which is essentially a "RED FLAG LAW" job was pulled off, but without the benefit of the law?

Big Brother has just made you much calmer and safer.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
I find it hard to believe that any of the "bombs" were live or the bomb squad would have taken them for disposal and not just carried them out on the lawn for display. It makes me think they had been deactivated before the owner got them. While it's true that he had dozens of rifles and boxes of ammo, when did any of that become a crime? To the best of my knowledge it doesn't violate state or federal law. The locals, being interviewed, sounded like they would have been right at home living in Nazi Germany. I can see why it angered you, I feel the same way.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Didn't see any EOD-types involved in 'clearing' the house.

While the neighbors' comments about the situation seem over-the-top-ish as edited, the question the reporter set them up with is never included.

·
Registered
19,001 Posts
It's no wonder he had all those weapons...:blink:...considerin' all the whackos that live around him.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Blue-banded or blue colored ordnance is inert. I believe setting up tables outside and laying out the weaponry for public view via drones was staged for the press. And producers will edit the interviews to pose the story for the spin they choose. That's why the man with the glasses was included, with his comments detrimental to the homeowner.

Of course, this was an urban area free-fire zone, so pretty much no one has any experience with anything found in the home. And if there were military veterans in the neighborhood, they likely were cut from the story because their comments would not support the narrative.

·
Registered
19,001 Posts
Blue-banded or blue colored ordnance is inert. I believe setting up tables outside and laying out the weaponry for public view via drones was staged for the press. And producers will edit the interviews to pose the story for the spin they choose. That's why the man with the glasses was included, with his comments detrimental to the homeowner.

Of course, this was an urban area free-fire zone, so pretty much no one has any experience with anything found in the home. And if there were military veterans in the neighborhood, they likely were cut from the story because their comments would not support the narrative.
Yeah, the guy with the glasses...:unsure:...who lives at the corner of Main and Meth.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
"And even a couple of swords" Oh my!!!!

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
What did the homeowner/resident do that was illegal to warrant the raid? Did I miss something in the report?

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
What did the homeowner/resident do that was illegal to warrant the raid? Did I miss something in the report?
He sat peacefully on the wrong side of the leftists anti-constitution agenda.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts

Even the ones that aren't blue banded or blue could be inert. Back in the seventies and eighties, a lot of army navy surplus stores sold various shells that were made inert for display purposes, but not painted blue. You can still find them for sale at some gun shows. They're all perfectly legal under federal law.
It will be interesting to see if the authorities actually find anything illegal among all that stuff.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what i can see the couple did nothing wrong by collecting old military surplus. Heck I bought a inert WWII grenade for my son at a gun show and he owns a Carcano. Does that open him up to scrutiny by local Gov.? Think the whole thing is liberal propaganda.

·
Registered
14,929 Posts
I didn't see of any reports of pro-2A lawyers lining up to represent the elderly couple. So if you lack the means to fight for your rights, I guess they really aren't rights.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I doubt, based on what we saw, that the couple did anything wrong. To me it's just in today's climate of fear people are going to over react. Most of it is created by the liberal controlled media and the political left and their anti-gun agenda.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
It will be interesting to find out what charges, if any, gets levied against them. Most likely disturbing the peace, because the neighboring snowflakes got upset.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
COLLECTIBLES - - - - NO CHARGES FILED

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...ter-arsenal-of-military-weapons-found-inside/

"Innocent" (= "unknowing, uniformed, free of any knowledge, lacking any connection or interest") - relatives helping an old couple having o foggy ntion of the character or potential of the COLLECTIBLE ITEMS involved got their knickers in a twist because all they had was what they had already been fed by the media.

And so the first thing they did was call the cops rather than figure it out or ask any competent authority, and of course the media took it and ran with it just to add one more scare story to their already formed "narrative".

"Land of the Free and home of the Brave" ? ? ? Can anyone possibly convince me that these helpful souls were EITHER??

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
COLLECTIBLES - - - - NO CHARGES FILED

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...ter-arsenal-of-military-weapons-found-inside/

"Innocent" (= "unknowing, uniformed, free of any knowledge, lacking any connection or interest") - relatives helping an old couple having o foggy ntion of the character or potential of the COLLECTIBLE ITEMS involved got their knickers in a twist because all they had was what they had already been fed by the media.

And so the first thing they did was call the cops rather than figure it out or ask any competent authority, and of course the media took it and ran with it just to add one more scare story to their already formed "narrative".

"Land of the Free and home of the Brave" ? ? ? Can anyone possibly convince me that these helpful souls were EITHER??
Damn media have sunk to a new low in my book!!!!! ABC 6 news is nothing but trash!!! Hope that elderly couple sues if they have the means. If not they should set up a go fund me page . I will contribute.

·
Registered
19,001 Posts
Charges should be filed...:dry:...against the relatives for filing a false report and against the neighbors, for their slanderous remarks on tv.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's not just with firearms. It's anything that sells papers or clicks or whatever. And it's especially true of local news outlets because after you run out of "fireman rescues treed kittens" stories you need something spicier.

After receiving calls - unsubstantiated nevertheless, from frightened people making claims of physical danger, the police HAVE to investigate. Once they have cause to do so, they should take care not to damage what they touch. Laying out firearms on grass is abuse of private property in my opinion. And especially piling them up in the back of a truck like so much cord wood.

As to the inert explosives, they didn't know until examined by experts - and if there's no immediate proof available that they are in fact inert, they MUST assume there's real danger. Think what the chief of police would have to say if one of those bombs was live and they didn't take any action. This I suspect is what really drove their actions.

Having said all this, and seeing the final outcome is nothing dangerous or illegal was found, the people who reported to police should be sued in civil court for damages, imo.

The police department or town may or may not have liability, I'm not a lawyer, but they had imo no grounds to remove anything that was clearly legal in that state. For this they fail the ethics test.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I think everyone involved in that one owes that couple a public apology, especially the local media. Wait a minute media

1 - 20 of 22 Posts