Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that practice make perfect and that we should always be aware of our surroundings and the concealment of our weapons. Sooo...

For us guys, when it is time to use public restrooms and you enter a stall for a sit down, what about your IWB holster and gun when you lower your trouser to the floor. Most stalls have a 18" open space below the stall that is exposed to the public. Of course when you begin the unbelting you want to make sure the gun is not on the side of the open toilet.

I know this sounds silly, but we all use public restrooms and will encounter this eventually.

Practical tips: After closing and locking stall door, Check gun to make sure it is snug in the holster and that the safety is on.

While turning with the gun and holster side away from the toilet (Unless you want to go fishing) Unbelt the trousers and slowly lower them below the waist. Then as you begin to lower the trouser,begin to fold the gun and holster inside the inner leg portion of the trousers. (Folding grip side down into the inner leg. When the trousers make it to the floor, the gun and holster are not seen at all from below the stall.

When the performance is completed, reverse process, but don't unfold the gun and holster until you have cleared the open space below the stall door. Once again make sure the gun and holster side is away from the toilet.

No, I dont have too much time on my hands, but I was carrying the other day and had to improvise in a crowded public bathroom.

Remember, practice make perfect.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I guess you could always wait for the stall that has a wall on the gun side.

One other suggestion (and one I have used), is to draw the firearm and place it in your pants, between your legs, with the pants waist band held around your upper calves. This allows the pants to hide the firearm.

Another option, use a smart carry :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Why not just pull you pants down far enough so the weapon is resting on the top of your knee? I'd never let anything of mine lay on the floor of a public restroom, armed or otherwise.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
jlentz said:
Why not just pull you pants down far enough so the weapon is resting on the top of your knee? I'd never let anything of mine lay on the floor of a public restroom, armed or otherwise.
+1 on that!! My gun will either be in the front pocket or just above the rear one. If I hang my pants on my knees, it stays in place unseen from that position. It does take practice, and you prevent a fishing expedition, like I had with a pager some years ago.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
While I try to avoid using public restrooms at all costs sometimes it's inevitable.
I'll remove my firearm from the holster and place it on top of the toilet paper holder while I'm doing the business.
Just don't forget you took it off and leave it sitting there!!!!!

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
Don't go #2 away from home. I know that is a trite answer, but I absolutely hate having to do that away from my house, and I really try not to.

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
No, I'm not - that's why I can get away with not going away from home..... :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
No, I'm not - that's why I can get away with not going away from home.....

:thumb: Good one!!

·
15,931 Posts
DOC SAID THE TRUTH!!! ;D texastaurusguy is definitely full of it!! :rolleyes: But we like him anyway!! :eek: I always wondered about that aroma when you passed thru Texas!!! :)

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
That's your bottom lip, Robby.....you need to stay away from those raunchy truck stops....... :p

·
15,931 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
That's your bottom lip, Robby.....you need to stay away from those raunchy truck stops....... :p
Must be a Texas truck stop thing!! Here in the KY, they all smell likes roses and bluegrass after a spring rain!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
While I try to avoid using public restrooms at all costs sometimes it's inevitable.
I'll remove my firearm from the holster and place it on top of the toilet paper holder while I'm doing the business.
Just don't forget you took it off and leave it sitting there!!!!!
aye thats how i do it, would seem fairly hard to forget you gun but did hear of at least one time it happening to a FBI agent at a air port not that far back.

i definitely do not like doing #2 in public bath rooms period.. #1 is easy dont even need to undo your belt thats what zippers are for!, women on the other hand.. well i feel for ya.

·
Registered
65 Posts
joe sixpack said:
aye thats how i do it, would seem fairly hard to forget you gun but did hear of at least one time it happening to a FBI agent at a air port not that far back.

i definitely do not like doing #2 in public bath rooms period.. #1 is easy dont even need to undo your belt thats what zippers are for!, women on the other hand.. well i feel for ya.
Yep but that brings up another problem. Having your back to the room with your pants unzipped and one hand occupied. The suggestion I heard was to use a stall instead of a urinal.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
RJT CCW said:
Yep but that brings up another problem. Having your back to the room with your pants unzipped and one hand occupied. The suggestion I heard was to use a stall instead of a urinal.
Ok, folks. I know this is a "child friendly" forum. But you don't know how hard it is for me not to make a comment on that. :devil:

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
After visiting some other forums believe me I like the way we keep it clean. I've worked in a factory for 31 years and some of these forums are not funny or adult oriented they are just full of them selves. And the trash talk does not make it any more informative.

·
15,931 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
Ok, folks. I know this is a "child friendly" forum. But you don't know how hard it is for me not to make a comment on that. :devil:
Gee what else would we expect from a Doc! :D Lets be a little couth!!! :???:
I must admit when I first saw that post, I snickered!!! :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
To those of you that are germ paranoid and you have reason to be. I carry one of those little hand sanitizer containers with the gel and just squirt some on some TP and wipe down the lid it drys fast and your safe. They actualy had one of those despensers on tha back of a stall in the congress building in nashville with directions and thought it was a cool idea when traveling. Leave it to congress to cover there butts. Probabaly cost the taxpayers millions and they had closed door secret meetings about the whole issue.

·
Administrator
40,397 Posts
After hearing you guys talk about handling this and that, if we meet in person, please don't offer your firearm to me for inspection. I know where your hands have been. :fart: :drool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts