Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a little horse trading and walked away with this cannon. The deal included the Underwood +P+ pictured, as well as a box of their extreme penetrators and a box of plain Jane Winchester magnums. I plan to put a few rounds down range tomorrow after work. From what I've heard, those 340gr +P+ are similar to 454 Casull.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Bisley Blackhawk Hunter?

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Of those loads kick like I expect, you'll appreciate the extra space between the trigger guard and you middle finger.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
If the last owner started off with those loads, I can see why he got rid of it.

Great guns, but yes they kick like a mule.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
There are two rounds missing from that box! LoL

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's logical.

The 1st one gets touched off, the shooter gets rocked hard and thinks to himself, "Self, that kicked way too hard."

His self replies, "That's because you just weren't ready for it. You've done went and got cocky. Hunker down, hold it tighter and try it again! It can't be THAT bad."

He resets his feet, shifts his grip, rolls his shoulders forward, leans in and touches the second one off- and immediately decides that his Self is full of *beans* and that those loads really ARE too much sugar for his nickel.

When the .50AE Desert Eagle first came out, I was working in a gunshop in a college town.

We sold those things to college boys with more money than sense about every other week- which they shot a couple times and promptly tried to return. It got so bad that we started a pool on how many rounds would be in the box when (not if) they returned the gun.

The average was 2 rounds per person that was with the buyer when he picked it up and we figured that it was for the reason I noted above.

**- Used in deference to the Mods and their All Mighty Ban Hammer.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
That's logical.

The 1st one gets touched off, the shooter gets rocked hard and thinks to himself, "Self, that kicked way too hard."

His self replies, "That's because you just weren't ready for it. You've done went and got cocky. Hunker down, hold it tighter and try it again! It can't be THAT bad."

He resets his feet, shifts his grip, rolls his shoulders forward, leans in and touches the second one off- and immediately decides that his Self is full of *beans* and that those loads really ARE too much sugar for his nickel.

When the .50AE Desert Eagle first came out, I was working in a gunshop in a college town.

We sold those things to college boys with more money than sense about every other week- which they shot a couple times and promptly tried to return. It got so bad that we started a pool on how many rounds would be in the box when (not if) they returned the gun.

The average was 2 rounds per person that was with the buyer when he picked it up and we figured that it was for the reason I noted above.

**- Used in deference to the Mods and their All Mighty Ban Hammer.
That sounds about right. Or the buyer shoots once, then decides his friend should try it also.
Usually it sits in a drawer somewhere until he decides enough time has elapsed, that the gun store guys won't make fun of him for selling it.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
That sounds about right. Or the buyer shoots once, then decides his friend should try it also.
Usually it sits in a drawer somewhere until he decides enough time has elapsed, that the gun store guys won't make fun of him for selling it.
Strangely enough, there were rarely odd numbers of rounds left in the box when the Desert Eagles were returned. once every couple of months, 3 or 4 guys would come in to pick one up and there would be 5 or 7 rounds missing instead of 6 or 8.

We figured the second guy said something like, "It can't be that bad, you jist aren't doing it right. Here, let me show you." BOOM! "Wait a minute, I wasn't ready," BOOM! " You're right, that's too much gun."

That's when the 3rd guy questioned the first two's manhood and did pretty much what the first two did.

Our consensus was that the last guy was occasionally smarter than the rest, so he figured out by observation that it was too much gun and he only had to fire 1 round to confirm his decision.

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Congrats on the new revolver!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts