Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Being a career aircraft mechanic at a major airline, I have to say I
hope this nugget gets what he deserves.

I have a few other comments but I like being on this forum.

https://970kfbx.iheart.com/content/...knaekkQ1C7tHHA7GG3ymu4XBov9aEQvwEfi2FKHtcNBwg

I'm right there with you on this one airwrench. I wrenched on heavies for over 30 years and never saw anything this disturbing.

My wife got mad at me the other day when I first saw this, and before they discovered his ties to ISIS, when I said "with a name like Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, he's got to be a terrorist and the airline should've never hired him to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
36,058 Posts
This is MY airline and my wife flies International. I smelled this out from the beginning and I would just as soon shoot him...starting at the feet and working upwards...slowly. If we can't do that, then his rotten butt belongs in Gitmo until he dies from old age.

·
22,316 Posts
My wife got mad at me the other day when I first saw this, and before they discovered his ties to ISIS, when I said "with a name like Abdul-Majeed Marouf Ahmed Alani, he's got to be a terrorist and the airline should've never hired him to begin with.
The ACLU would have taken his case for free.

·
Super Moderator
21,542 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Being a career aircraft mechanic at a major airline, I have to say I
hope this nugget gets what he deserves.

I have a few other comments but I like being on this forum.
That's the weak point in the security policy, along with possible vendors being allowed on the tarmac.
same with gun control and laws, someone out there is always figuring out a way to beat the systems.

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
There are crazy and stupid people everywhere.
He's just another nut that fell out of the tree.
I don't have anywhere near the energy it takes to be angry about every one of them.

·
Super Moderator
36,058 Posts
There are crazy and stupid people everywhere.
He's just another nut that fell out of the tree.
I don't have anywhere near the energy it takes to be angry about every one of them.
Unless you or someone you love is on that damn airplane. :mad:

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Unless you or someone you love is on that damn airplane. :mad:
That's very true.
However, what does me being angry at everything I find upsetting accomplish?
Venting on the internet accomplishes nothing except to raise my blood pressure.
I have lived too long to go through the rest of my life mad at everything.
Especially since it changes nothing.
I am not saying he isn't contemptible nor what he did asininely ignorant and without regard for human life.
All I am saying is: Me being outraged changes nothing.
My wife and I quit cable tv because all it did was make us angry over things we could not change.
I watch people on the internet come in fuming over every little thing they can find in the news that is bad.
It changes nothing.
Just show me the grace to have found my own solution to dealing with impossible scenarios.
It's not that I do not care. It's that I have one rule in life. Well, probably more than that. More like 3.
I do not worry about what I cannot change. What I can change I do my best to do so.
Anyone else can feel free to go apoplectic over any thing they want to. Go for it. Just don't pop a blood vessel.
My wife and I will be playing with our grandchildren and helping them learn and how to live.
That is something I can change.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
I never bought his line that he did it just to get more overtime. Terrorist, pure and simple. Life in prison would work for me.
Before or after the two behind the ear?

·
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
36,058 Posts
I am heading back to work tomorrow and I will find out what happened. Probably a loss of cabin
pressure.
Typical media hype and spin. I found out this afternoon that the aircraft didn't "plunge" 30m feet, it was an emergency descent that happened over 8 minutes. Bringing it to 10,000 is the norm to get to a livable altitude. I doubt that the masks dropped because of the descent but rather were the sign of the depressurization which precipitated the need to descend.

·
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Typical media hype and spin. I found out this afternoon that the aircraft didn't "plunge" 30m feet, it was an emergency descent that happened over 8 minutes. Bringing it to 10,000 is the norm to get to a livable altitude. I doubt that the masks dropped because of the descent but rather were the sign of the depressurization which precipitated the need to descend.
Correct! Plunging 30 thousand feet would have most likely ended in a smoking hole. It was
more like an emergency descent due to a rising cabin altitude. The masks more than likely
dropped automatically.

Side note, if you accidentally drop those things on an overnight check you make your fellow
mechanics real grumpy. Don't ask me how I know.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts