Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I remember back in the day there was a shopkeeper that was famous for surviving multiple robbery incidents, and he used the hide a gun method. In his case though he had like a dozen guns hidden in various places, so that he didn't have to walk over to them to get a hold of them.

Cleveland police said one suspect was armed with a gun and pointed it at two employees, while the second suspect jumped the counter.

One of the workers tried to walk towards his firearm on the rear counter, but was spotted by a suspect.

Suspect points gun at employees during robbery at Cleveland store | fox8.com

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
When I worked at my local gun shop we had several guns stashed in various places and hard spaces where we could take cover if necessary but I still kept one on my person.

·
Registered
36,802 Posts
WELL--- The Employees dropped the ball by NOT calling a Time out and THEN walking over to get the gun!!
Sheeeesh! obvious newbies in self protection!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
The sad thing, being from Detroit we used to take mini vacations to Cleveland. Much nicer, but so is Beirut
Detroit Beirut the same, not a good place to visit.....

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Detroit Beirut the same, not a good place to visit.....
Well beinging from the area "relatively speaking", gbusmech you can vouch for what a great example of how not to govern Detroit is.

If you look across the Detroit river at Windsor ... you see a HUGE difference- one where the government is somewhat accountable (Windsor Canada) vs completely left to their vices (Detroit MI, USA). I was always amused to watch the Canadians do the "mad dash for gas" on the USA side of the border, often looking like terrified people (as they should).

I remember fuelling up at a station not too far from the border once (I-75 and Trumbell Ave area) and seeing a van with Candian plates next to my car at the pumps. I get out and start pumping gas, the van driver does the same and says nicely "nice pistol". I say "thanks, nice van". "If you lived here you'd carry at least one also" smiling cordially at him. I then calmly say.. "so let me guess- coming back from Sam's club and filling up?" He replies "Yes, how'd you know?" (Van loaded down with boxes of various club type items) I said - "just an educated guess." I then did my bit to keep him and his family safe saying: "You might want to fill up at Sam's or close by it if you can." Not everyone is as nice as me, but you can bet around here - they are observant. Meaning, if you wanted a van full of goodies from someone you know is unarmed all you have to do is look for the Canadians..."

His face looked a little sad as he says "gosh I never thought about it like that."

I wished him well and went about my way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts