Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm obviously new, 2nd post. Senior citizen, long time motorcyclist, recently rekindled interest in handguns. Lots of research, decided I don't want to start out with a big bang. Research led me to the 992 combination .22LR/.22WMR.

I visited a few local Indianapolis area shops, soon discovered the state of the business. Overpriced everything and nothing available. I sent a few emails out to local shops, looking for a 992 blue 4" barrel. Much to my surprise I got a response from a small shop, said he was going to get a blue 6 1/2" soon, would I be interested? Well, now knowing how tight the market is I thought I'd better not pass it up. He emailed me two days later, it was in. March 1st and it was mine, all mine. Also got 300 rds. .22LR CCI MiniMags, was shocked that he had 'em on the shelf.

And the story gets better (or at least longer). March 1st was a Friday and the local Gander Mtn. store gets their ammo delivery Thursday nights, lines at the door Friday mornings. I went in Friday afternoon to shop for a gun case, etc. A pleasant young employee asked if he could help me and I asked if they might have any .22WMR ammo. He said, "Follow me". Took me to a partially filled pallet setting aside, picked up their last box 250 count CCI MaxiMag .22WMR and handed it to me. He said that someone had set it down in the wrong place, he had picked it up and placed it on the pallet, hadn't had time to put it on the shelf where it belonged. Just my lucky week, I guess.

So-o-o-o, now Ive got the handgun and ammunition. I'm waiting on my Indiana License To Carry Handgun, but that's another story.

Now I'm looking for a 941 2" snubbie .22WMR for CCW. My luck on that one not as good as the 992.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
16,045 Posts
Nice!!! I would much rather be lucky than good. And you ride, dude, you have found a home, lots of riders here.
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Cartoon Product Vehicle

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
WOW - congratulations! These will be the first of many handguns for you- and revolvers are definitely "the flavor of choice"! Welcome to the The Best Forum, too! Now - we need to see some pictures!!!;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Heh heh, I've got a blue 6.5" 992 as well! Plus a '85 Aspencade. Your gonna love that rascal. I usually carry a 617 or 651 when ridin' though. Both .357's, both snubbies, but generally loaded with .38 +P of some sort.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Get us some pictures and a range report when you can....

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Maybe you should get some lottery tickets! Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Indiana as well (a bit north of you here by the MI line in South Bend). I read your post because I'm considering picking up a Taurus Tracker with both cylinders (22 lr & 22 mag). I also saw a post with someone offering a 851 UL that interested me (I like the hidden hammer CIA model for carry over the hammer version you referenced 941).

Good taste all around from what I read. I also like motorcycles...I have 3 classic Honda 70's and a 2000's BMW.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My 992 likes Federal Value Pack .22LRs, but doesn't particularly care for the Winchester Super-X .22Mags too much. Point of impact is generally low and right and scattered pretty badly. I haven't had much success finding a different brand to try in the magnum cylinder as yet, but persistence will prevail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.