·
Registered
24,748 Posts
I love Mae.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
A wall gun is a 2-3 person gun. One fires it and 1-2 people holds it down on their shoulders to tame the recoil. It was used during the Boxer rebellion to knock down walls and fortified doors.

·
22,716 Posts
Looks like a Punt gun.

Used to take waterfowl on a commercial level.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
A wall gun fired a ball and were held by hand to be fired. A punt gun was was a huge shotgun and attached to a boat often of the punt style. The punt gun recoil forced the boat backward in the water. The bore of the punt gun was much larger that the wall gun. Wall gun were Chinese made for war, where most punt guns were used in North America to kill large quanities of water fowl to sell in the city.

·
Administrator
40,089 Posts
I don’t believe I would care to have anything to do with either of those.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
I thought knocking down walls was what cannon were for AKA siege engines.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Wall guns were used in Europe, America and India, too. Many of them had 6 or 7 foot barrels and a hook on the forearm so it could be laid over the wall and have part of the recoil taken by the wall itself.

They were used defensively, not as a means to damage the wall itself. They were more mobile than cannon, faster to reload, required smaller crews, had longer ranges than muskets or arqubusses and their larger bores meant that they could damage or even possibly shoot through pavises or semi-mobile shields used in seige warfare.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
C&Rsenal is legitimately one of my favorite YT channels. They've got a niche and just crush it in that space.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
that's just a level of magnitude over the Texas gal on YT that shoots a S&W 500 single handed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is a brave lady! Watch it to the end for the slow motion on her shoulder...

Don

A few years back Jim Scouten fired one that was notably larger. It all but knocked him off his feet! He had to take a step back to remain standing.
About 30 years ago I got to shoot a double-rifle used in Africa to take large game, such as water buffalo. I don't remember the brand, and I think it was .570 caliber. The cartridge looked suitable for artillery. Shooting it once was enough for a lifetime.

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
I've found all sorts of vids of women shooting things like 700 Nitro Express. So, if you're scared, say your scared, but check your man card at the front desk. 🤣

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
I once had a brief association with my late Grandfather's .300 Weatherby Magnum which left quite an impression on me. I decided thereafter that the .30/06 and 7mm Magnums were all the punishment I cared to indulge in. My brother has that Rifle now, but I doubt he's ever fired it.
Came close to buying Ruger 77 in .458 Winchester Magnum once, and glad I did not follow through with it!

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
I really like my .308. It has much less felt recoil than the 7 and less meat damage. There is a time and place for the seven, but if I were to use it for deer, I'd back off the velocities. I bought the gun at the time thinking I wanted a .280 Remington. I like it on big game, but it's a bit much on deer. I won a .308 in a raffle which is real nice, short action Remington M7 stainless, so it has replaced my old M722 short action, but if I'd not won that rifle, I'd be fat'n happy with the 722 and the 7mm rem mag for elk and maybe pigs, though I kinda like my SKS on pigs.

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 20 of 23 Posts