Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, since day one of owning my pt-145, it has been rocky to say the least. Mags dropped after about 75-100 rounds...the slide racked itself several times. Sent it back to Taurus, came back, did the exact same thing.

LOL, this time, there's a nice little note"We tested the fire arm without the after market rubber grip, and it works with no problem." meaning my hogue overlay grip which adds comfort. I won't say how finicky it was with hollow points....and to boot, I was hooked on this little pistol after firing good friend and fellow shooter MrNuke's PT-145.

If this thing so much as hiccups tomorrow...it is history! The new PX4 .45 acp is out and that is what will be replacing it if it mis-behaves.

Late October it arrived back in their hands and returned on January 11. Not too bad for testing it without an aftermarket grip LOL.

Full report to follow on Sunday....or maybe I'll cave and head to the indoor range tomorrow with it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
They BETTER have done some actual repairs to the gun as the Hogue rubber grips don't make any difference in my gun and sure as heck didn't in yours.
If they use that as the 'excuse' and it still is not as reliable as mine. Screw them.
We'll see sunday.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very sorry for your problems..... I have a pt140 that was dropping the magazine. I ended up fixing it myself with parts shipped from Taurus. The CSR on the phone told me 12-14 weeks if I sent the firearm in.... He also told me that if I was NOT a gunsmith I should NOT try to repair it myself. I took Taurus 23 days to send the part and less than 5 minutes to fix the gun. I really really wanted a pt-145, but I think their quality is so hit or miss that its almost not worth the gamble. My Taurus dealer advised me: "Buy and Sell until you get a "GOOD ONE"". That is a very sad statement.

On another note... I bit the bullet and bought a Stainless Kimber Ultra Carry II with night sites this morning. I called Kimber before purchasing to see their service time on warranty work...Returned to customer with14 days. I had to send my Steyr in to for a check up after 3000 rounds and had back in my hand the same week with 2 free high cap mags and a note saying thank you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amazingly, my pt-145 performed nearly 100 percent. It does NOT like Remington Golden Sabre hollow points. I ran through regular Wal-Mart Rem hollow points, FMJ and Mag-Tech's through it.

It is now 100 percent accurate, reliable and firing well.

However, trying MrNuke's PX4 in .45 acp, I'm going to move on to that one and sell my PT-145.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Probably 200 rounds went through it with only one FTF with the remington golden sabres...so we didn't use them once it did that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts