Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys.....third range session with my PT111 mil pro last night......i put 150 rounds through it (50 Winchester 115 gr, 50 Winchester NATO 124 gr, and 50 Blazer 115 gr)
Good news. Not one FTF this time. This thing shot great. I'm not the greatest shooter, but on the human target, I hit the human body parts/organs I was aiming for. I'm not going to win any competitions, but then again, i'm not trying to. This brings the round count up to 450. I've had 3 FTF's so far (as i talked about in previous posts), however, one of them due to fiance limp wristing. I'm hoping this thing is getting broke in now. Love this little gun.

Heres my only issue....in my previous posts ive talked about the slide not locking out sometimes. I am now 100% sure this is only when I have a certain magazine in. It doesn't do it with my other magazine. I'm hoping this is just a mag issue and I'm planning on getting new mags so hopefully this will eliminate the issue. Any advice on anything I can adjust or do to the mag to fix this problem or is getting a new mag the only option at this point??

-Upstate

P.S: put a handall jr grip on it too and love the feel with it....id recommend it

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I saw a friend fix a mag by pulling a round file out the top. The effect was to allow the follower to come up a tad higher and push the slide stop up a bit. He fixed three mags that way. OK, that worked but it cut the paint too. That will have consequences - some day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
PT111 Millennium Pro mags are very reasonably priced. 24/7 mags (17 round capacity) fit perfectly as well and are priced the same as the 10 or 12 round PT111 mags but would need spacers for better grip. Getting a new mag to replace the defective one is probably be the easier way to go. I haven't tried the 115 grain FMJs for practice, been using 124 and 147 grain ammunition thus far.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Any advice on anything I can adjust or do to the mag to fix this problem or is getting a new mag the only option at this point??
Contact Taurus CS to exchange the bad mag. That's what I did when the 10rd mag that came with my 24/7 C DS .45 was causing FTE, FTFeed. Taurus will send the replacement to you within 2 to 3 weeks after they receive the bad mag.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
The 24/7 in 45 will fit the PT 145 but leaves a gap from the bottom of the grip and the bottom of the mag. If you get the sleeve you will have to modify it to allow the mag to lock. I have been there done that.

I have two PT111 and the 115 gr are good, I use federal, monarch, umc and pmc with no problems.
The PT 111 is a 9 mm and I was advised the 24/7 in 9mm would not fit, if I am wrong please let me know. Thanks

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congrats on a successful and enjoyable range outing with your new PT111!

I love mine!

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
Both my PT111's have passed the 3,000 round mark without "pukeing" once.

I am deffinitely sold on these models.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The 24/7 in 45 will fit the PT 145 but leaves a gap from the bottom of the grip and the bottom of the mag. If you get the sleeve you will have to modify it to allow the mag to lock. I have been there done that.

I have two PT111 and the 115 gr are good, I use federal, monarch, umc and pmc with no problems.
The PT 111 is a 9 mm and I was advised the 24/7 in 9mm would not fit, if I am wrong please let me know. Thanks
The 24/7 .45 12rd mag with sleeve fits my PT145 great without modifications. It only leaves a tiny gap at the base. I ordered a few sleeves from Taurus to use the 12rd mags with the 24/7 C .45 and PT145.

·
Registered
327 Posts

The 17-round 24/7 mags (those for the 24/7 G1, at least) are fully compatible with my PT111 Pro (Gen 3) without modifications. I didn't get the spacers anymore because I didn't have an issue about gripping the gun for firing even without them. I got a couple of them for range use and as back up magazines for carry. The PT111 becomes difficult to conceal with the 24/7 mags attached, though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the replies...I think I'm going to go ahead and send the bad mag back to taurus....I'm definitely going to look into the 24/7 mags with 17 rounds....that will be good for range use at least.....much appreciated yall

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
24/7 Pro C 9mm Sleeve part number 26118947, in case you need to order it. The best way is to order 3 at a time because Taurus charges $7+ each plus ~ $5 shipping or $5+ ea for 3 plus ~ $5 shipping.

Taurus CS 1-800-327-3776 or 1-305-624-1115

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try just calling CS and explain to them your issue and they may just send you new mags without exchanging them.
I called about come mag issues with one of the Taurus pistols that I have and the lady just sent two new mags out without having to send the old ones back.
If so, then you can try some fixes on the old mags without worrying about messing up the mags.
Good luck,

BGR

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
The 24/7 mags from the pro series will work in the G2, the 12 round mags from the PT-111 pro will also also work in the G2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts