Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the thinnest, least bulky pocket holster I can find for my model 85.

I have looked online and have seen a pile of holsters. I dont have access locally to see any in person, so I need input from owners.

I especially like the Mika and Desantis Nemesis models. Any other "nominations" for thinnest pocket holster?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I was just praising the DeSantis Nemesis in another thread. It gets my vote.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
With something the size and bulk of a small frame revolver, I don't think a pocket holster is going to add much to it. I'd think more about the shape of the holster and the shape of the pocket its normally going to be used in.

That said, my pocket gun is either a M650 or a M85.

Steelheart

·
Registered
89 Posts
High Noon Bare Asset. I own one but it is not my favorite. Me...I want a side guard/sweat protector. If you want next to nothing...this is the one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a High Noon Mr. Softy for my Glock 30 I carry when I wear a coat and tie. But, I dont really consider it or the Bare Asset a pocket holster, per se.

·
Registered
89 Posts
sorry 'bout that...I missed the "pocket" in the holster sentence.

·
Registered
56 Posts
PO-Dan said:
I am looking for the thinnest, least bulky pocket holster I can find for my model 85.

I have looked online and have seen a pile of holsters. I dont have access locally to see any in person, so I need input from owners.

I especially like the Mika and Desantis Nemesis models. Any other "nominations" for thinnest pocket holster?

Thanks!
One more vote for Desantis Nemesis. It may not be the thinnest but thinnest might not actually be the best in a pocket holster.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I carry my M85 in an Uncle Mike's Inside-the-Pocket holster. I think I paid ten bucks for it. Excellent value. I like it because, in addition to adding very little bulk, it covers the gun quite well. I do not have a lint problem while using it. At least not with the gun...

·
Administrator
39,366 Posts
I bought a DeSantis Superfly for my Kel-Tec. It's pretty much the same thing as the Nemesis. The only difference is that it comes with a removeable flap which will break up the outline of a firearm even more. They also claim the rubberized coating grips the inside of the pocket better than the Nemesis. So I recommend the Superfly or Nemesis.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Smokewagon said:
I bought a DeSantis Superfly for my Kel-Tec. It's pretty much the same thing as the Nemesis.
I have a Nemesis for my Ruger SP101 and it also works great for carrying the Ruger LCP. Yes, it's wider than necessary, but actually conceals the weapon very well. It covers more of the handle, but I don't find that it hinders drawing very much. So +1 for the Nemesis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts