Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, there.

Just purchased my first Taurus product, a 4" 627 and I have an issue with the ribber grips it came with.  The grips are too thick and my stubby little fingers don't reach the trigger comfortably (they do reach but I don't feel secure with the hold), and my pinky feels a little left out.  The grips are too thick and too short for my wide palms and stubby fingers.  (I know, I've got weird hands).

Anyway.  I was told by Taurus customer service the standard rubber grips are thinner and somewhat longer than the ribbers.  For those of you guys that have the standard rubber grips in your revolvers, how are these as far as fit?  Do the faint finger grooves actually help?  How do these handle recoil?

I've also read about the Houge but I've heard they are actually thicker than the ribber grips.  Is this true?  I've tried Hogue grips on other revolvers (S&W, Ruger) and they feel great but then again we're talking about the 627 here and I don't want to assume they'll be the same.  For startes, the Hogues on other revolves leave the steel on the back of the grip exposed, and the Hogues for the 627 are wrap-around, so I don't know if they'll work well.  For those of you that have the Houge grips for this model, are they thinner, thicker, wider, or narrower than the ribber grips?

Other than that the handgun has good balance and it seems well made.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Go with the Hogue grips for the Tracker frame. They fit great, look great, and feel great. They are thinner than the Ribber grip, even with the palm swells.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Concur, NYPD. They are thin, and the backstrap is exposed, but they are very comfortable and controllable. If you want the backstrap covered, go with a Pachmayr.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Actually, the backstrap is not exposed on the Hogue Tracker grips.

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
Really?!? I didn't realize that !!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my doubt. The backstrap is exposed on the hogue grips for other guns, but it's covered in the Tracker.

I've just put in an order for the Hogues. If they are anything like the Hogues for other revolvers, they should fit well.

Thanks. ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts