Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have become intrigued with the 809 compact, I particularly like the decocking operation with the gun going back to the fire position after decocking, and the less then 25 ounce weight for carry, but my only reservation is the lack of accessories currently available for the gun, particularly holsters.
I only use Kydex holsters. Anyone know of available OWB Kydex holsters for the 809 compact? Not much interested in anything else. Night sights would be nice, but I can live without them.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I admit I haven't paid attention to the G2 holster options, so someone correct me if they are different - any holster that works for any 24/7 is perfect for any 800 series. The frame and slide are dimensionally identical in the older series at least, not sure about the G2's.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I admit I haven't paid attention to the G2 holster options, so someone correct me if they are different - any holster that works for any 24/7 is perfect for any 800 series. The frame and slide are dimensionally identical in the older series at least, not sure about the G2's.
I actually have a PT 24/7 compact DS 9mm. So, if you are correct my holster for my 24/7 should also fit the 809 compact, or any other available holster for my 24/7.

Can anyone else confirm that?

By the way, thanks for your response.

Can anyone out

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I have become intrigued with the 809 compact, I particularly like the decocking operation with the gun going back to the fire position after decocking, and the less then 25 ounce weight for carry, but my only reservation is the lack of accessories currently available for the gun, particularly holsters.
I only use Kydex holsters. Anyone know of available OWB Kydex holsters for the 809 compact? Not much interested in anything else. Night sights would be nice, but I can live without them.
Kydex is incredibly easy to work with, and you can save yourself a load of bucks by making your own. Knifekits.com has all the supplies, and there are a bunch of good how-too videos on youtube. I've been making my own for a couple years, and have been very pleased with the results. And of course the greatest thing about making your own is that it doesn't matter if anyone else makes holsters for your pistol or not - you can still make exactly what you want. JAT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts