Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 've never handled a Glock .What are your opinions Glock vs XD 45? I owned a XD 40 but got rid of it to make room for my 24/7 Pro.Really leaning toward the Glock 21.Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
35,588 Posts
For carry, I'd rather have the XD due to the grip safety. I just don't like/trust "safe action" and an additional safety is a GOOD thing for me when it comes to carry. The grip safety is passive so it doesn't get in the way or do anything funky for the carry of the weapon, just additional safety for the user. I don't even consider safe action guns at all for my personal carry, but I'd like to have a G19 for range use. It can be modified for carry, too, that MIGHT suit me. You can put an 8 lb trigger in it (New York Trigger) and they make these little plastic things that go behind the trigger and prevent it from being pulled until you push the plastic thing out with your finger. Still, I prefer a good DAO or decocking DA like the Sigs or Ruger DCs for carry, thanks.

Nothing wrong with Glock as a gun, fired a lot of 'em. They're accurate and reliable, just don't care for the trigger for carry. I've never fired an XD, just think the grip safety is desirable on a carry gun. JMHO

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an XD45 compact and I love it. The grip angle on the G21 was too much for me.

What I like about the XD compact is it comes with 2 mags. A 10 round to use when I want it to be a compact to conceal carry and a 13 round when I want it to be a full size gun.

It's like getting two guns in one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The XD 40 I had was a awsum shooter.I didn't like the grip.The 24/7 grip is the best I've tried.I'm wanting a new toy in 45 acp and was thinking about a Glock.I'll see how the XD feels.If I can find one I'd like to look at the Taurus OSS pistol also.The research is part of the fun anyway.Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The glock is a nice gun, I was thinking of getting one but then I fell in love with with my compact S&W M&P. The only drawback to it is that there is no manual safety, but I just practice really safe with it and always carry in a holster.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just brought home the Glock 21 SF.Stopped off at the range and put 50 rounds through it.Did great. Looked at the XD 45 Tactical just didn't like the grip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts