Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting around on a weekend morning thinking about what needs to be done around the house, and I just heard a commercial on the radio, "Denny's Delivers".

Pancakes, eggs, hash browns, and bacon. Ordered online and 30 minutes later, yum.

·
Super Moderator
36,077 Posts
Probably three eggs fried in coconut oil, three thick slices of hickory smoked bacon and a piece of Keto flatbread with cream cheese. I did the omelet thing yesterday with broccoli, bacon and Mexican three cheese shredded.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
As a teen i would eat any chain food store and it was good. It was the 70s and I think food and food service was better quality. Now it was the 70s and my taste buds were young and the buds were Columbian gold.

I find it hard to eat anyone's food not cooked fresh from scratch now.

·
Super Moderator
36,077 Posts
Denny's............where McDonald's sends the food they couldn't sell.
I've never been a fan of Denny's either. Once every 10 or 15 years is my average.

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I had a "deer camp special": Venison steak, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, wheat toast, coffee.
Dang, I might just have to get another deer here soon.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Not a big fan but I'll take a "Moons Over my Hammy" on occasion.

Seriously though...people can't cook anymore? I can make all that in 30 minutes for probably $3.00 a serving.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Not a big fan but I'll take a "Moons Over my Hammy" on occasion.

Seriously though...people can't cook anymore? I can make all that in 30 minutes for probably $3.00 a serving.
Some on this board say that a post like that is no good without pictures.

I say (and I believe I am "more" correct in saying) a post like this is no good WITHOUT DIRECTIONS AND AN INVITATION!!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Here in Gainsville there is no Denny's...Perkins is overpriced as always...even the desserts have gone down hill too. I Hop...now we hit rock bottom...use to be fair and now ...heck the UF students give it a Thumbs down.

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Some on this board say that a post like that is no good without pictures.

I say (and I believe I am "more" correct in saying) a post like this is no good WITHOUT DIRECTIONS AND AN INVITATION!!!!
Well I hope I don't have to give instructions on anything other than the pancakes, because bacon eggs and hash browns...well...that'd be like giving you the recipe for ice cubes. Throw it in a pan and fry it.....I'll go post my scratch pancake recipe in The Diner in a bit if you like this post.

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
This morning, it was 3 eggs scrambled with salsa, chorizo and some sharp cheddar mixed in and toast.

Yesterday, it was grits with a couple fried eggs and sausage chopped up and mixed in and a couple biscuits left over from supper Friday night.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Well I hope I don't have to give instructions on anything other than the pancakes, because bacon eggs and hash browns...well...that'd be like giving you the recipe for ice cubes. Throw it in a pan and fry it.....I'll go post my scratch pancake recipe in The Diner in a bit if you like this post.
No, no, no. I didn't mean directions as in how to make breakfast, I meant directions as in how to get to your house to eat the fine breakfast you've prepared!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Never been in a Denny's before midnight or after 3:00am... Hmmm... It has been many years,,,

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
No, no, no. I didn't mean directions as in how to make breakfast, I meant directions as in how to get to your house to eat the fine breakfast you've prepared!
Take it all the way South.......

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,959 Posts
Is that I-49?

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Is that I-49?
No, US 49. It cuts through the middle of the Delta running from the Gulf coast up into Arkansas.

The US49/US61 junction in Clarksdale, MS is The Crossroads of legend where Robert Johnson supposedly made his deal with the Devil.

This song in particular is a cover of a song made famous by legendary Bluesmen Chester Authur 'Howlin' Wolf' Burnett and Big Joe Williams. Lonesome George is a big Howlin' Wolf fan and has done several covers of his songs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts