Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody with in a half mile got woke up about midnight.
We "had" this one house on the back side of the subdivision that was trouble. Grandma died and the no good grandson moved in and was dealing every kind of vice and graft out of it. Always 10 or 15 non working drug users playing ball or hanging out. Police know it's location and players. Well, at midnight it BLEW UP. I mean blew the roof off and was burning. Ten mins after it blew up i drove by (it's three or fourblocks away).
I stopped two blocks away and rolled the window down to talk with a few home owners gathered up. They said a police car and EMS had gone down there BEFORE the explosion. Now Fire trucks, police cars, EMS, ambulances are everywhere. I could see right through the house. The Roof was gone and what was left was burning just a little. I hope my first responders are safe. I hope the bad players didn't have insurance. Good by to bad garbage. Our liberal news does not report much crime or anything that shades "their" peoples. But this will have to be covered. They stopped the monthly crime reports over a year ago. Unless someone is hurt bad or killed you only get what happened on the grape vine. Strong armed robbery and even some armed robber is not reported on. Dead bodies and other negative "news" they do report is one and done unless it fits the stations agenda. Then it gets beat to death every nightly news time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,678 Posts
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Probably had a meth lab going. Hope no innocents were harmed in any way, but can't help but hope they had a houseful of bad players in attendance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to ride by on my c70 Honda in just a minute. I'll see if i can get the 411. It could have been the propane tank on the BBQ grill going up from just a house fire. But I'm betting on other things because of who owned the house and no fire truck was around until BOOM! I'll up date when i get something out of the grapevine or the local Russian news.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
22,309 Posts
Our liberal news does not report much crime or anything that shades "their" peoples. But this will have to be covered. They stopped the monthly crime reports over a year ago. Unless someone is hurt bad or killed you only get what happened on the grape vine. Strong armed robbery and even some armed robber is not reported on. Dead bodies and other negative "news" they do report is one and done unless it fits the stations agenda. Then it gets beat to death every nightly news time.
This is an excellent example of why our President is right when he says our "news" media is the enemy of the American people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well in the light of day it looks unlike any house fire I've seen. No "hot spot" and every square inch looked of high heat but not burned more the half its fuel potential or half burned. Even the car in the garage showed the same amount of heat as things on the other side of the houses exterior wall. Power company was there cutting service. He said it was a propane bottle inside the house that blew up. We do not have natural gas service in this area. Do they use propane to "cook" over electric power? My walter white skills are lacking.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,222 Posts
Agree, probably cooking some meth and got it wrong. Hopefully none of the 1st responders were injured.
I disagree. I'd say they got it right. As long as no one other than the drug cookers were hurt, I'd say it turned out just right. Hopefully there were no kids at home, but our society seems to be okay with sacrificing kids in the name of the criminal element, so most won't even care.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,462 Posts
That's meth heads for you.

Meth heads make me remember crack heads fondly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MisterMills357

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Everybody with in a half mile got woke up about midnight.
We "had" this one house on the back side of the subdivision that was trouble. Grandma died and the no good grandson moved in and was dealing every kind of vice and graft out of it. Always 10 or 15 non working drug users playing ball or hanging out. Police know it's location and players. Well, at midnight it BLEW UP. I mean blew the roof off and was burning. Ten mins after it blew up i drove by (it's three or fourblocks away).
Methinks that flammable liquids were involved, things like solvents which are very volatile, things like benzene. So now they know, stuff that evaporates quickly is an explosion & fire hazard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Well in the light of day it looks unlike any house fire I've seen. No "hot spot" and every square inch looked of high heat but not burned more the half its fuel potential or half burned. Even the car in the garage showed the same amount of heat as things on the other side of the houses exterior wall. Power company was there cutting service. He said it was a propane bottle inside the house that blew up. We do not have natural gas service in this area. Do they use propane to "cook" over electric power? My walter white skills are lacking.
Propane would make a fine cooking method, and mix that with a bunch of other stuff, like acetone vapors, and BOOM!
I am just guessing here, but since acetone is a paint thinner is is easy to get. All that had to do was go to the friendly ACE Hardware.:p
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,050 Posts
Pretty sure that even if they had homeowner's insurance that it will not cover illegal activity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No crime tape was up so...
Oops not so fast. Now that the power is out off, The fire department is back and taping everything off. The occupant is in the burn unit in Mobile AL.
It's under investigation so... No more bad press from this one. Nothing to see here. Move along now.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
36,050 Posts
It could have been something as stupid as one of those old aluminum flex supply lines cracking and a spark lighting up the works.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
22,309 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,216 Posts
Last Feb the lady up the street committed suicide by gas. Once the house filled with gas, KA-BOOM! Broke windows up and down the block. Nothing left but a big hole. At least she set the dog loose before she did it.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top