Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local gun store owner told me, yesterday, that BLM/Antifa plans to demonstrate this coming Saturday at a major intersection here in my hometown, about a quarter mile from his store. He said he talked directly to the county sheriff and the police chief, and neither one is going to allow ANY lawlessness, none whatsoever. Like I said, things could get interesting.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My local gun store owner told me, yesterday, that BLM/Antifa plans to demonstrate this coming Saturday at a major intersection here in my hometown, about a quarter mile from his store. He said he talked directly to the county sheriff and the police chief, and neither one is going to allow ANY lawlessness, none whatsoever. Like I said, things could get interesting.
What intersection? I have family down there need to know what kind of help they might need

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Might I recommend spending a nice quiet weekend about 3.5 hours south of you? We don't get that kind of thing down here. Small gatherings, protest and vigils, but the people down here aren't the type to get rowdy, and we're too small of a city and too far off the beaten path to have outsiders bother thinking about bringing in their brand of potential mayhem.

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What intersection? I have family down there need to know what kind of help they might need

Unser and Southern. I suspect they picked that intersection because of the stores and businesses on all four corners, especially the northwest corner that has a super Walmart store and a bunch of eateries. This is secondhand information, mind you, but I've known, and done business with, the LGS owner for years.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Thanks Trucks. Family east of there at 9th and Iron. And I've done that trip in 3 hours from Raton. And 6.5 from up here in Denver.

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might I recommend spending a nice quiet weekend about 3.5 hours south of you? We don't get that kind of thing down here. Small gatherings, protest and vigils, but the people down here aren't the type to get rowdy, and we're too small of a city and too far off the beaten path to have outsiders bother thinking about bringing in their brand of potential mayhem.
Thanks, but are you sure about that, Zen? Rio Rancho population is around 98,000, while y'all are pushing 103,000. Also, we're a bit farther off of I-25, while it runs right through your home town. Like my sergeant used to say, "Load and lock!"

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Thanks, but are you sure about that, Zen? Rio Rancho population is around 98,000, while y'all are pushing 103,000. Also, we're a bit farther off of I-25, while it runs right through your home town. Like my sergeant used to say, "Load and lock!"
All I can tell you is that any time something crazy happens in NM and I have family calling me to find out if I'm alright, I always have to look up what they're talking about (because I usually don't have a clue) only to find out it's something that's going on up in your neck of the woods. At which point I have to tell them I'm about as far from that nonsense as Boston is from NY.

Besides, about a quarter of our population is for NMSU, and a whole lot of them are opting for online classes this year.

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
^^^^^^
I agree with both of you somewhat. Kenosha was just under a 100,000 IIRC, but did have a police shooting of a black man.

Rio Rancho is basically a suburb of Alb. and I would have expected an antifa group to select someplace more on Central Ave. near the University than anywhere else. I would also be surprised for anyone to pick either, or even Zen's current place of residence for a race riot enhancement involving blacks. Those communities don't have but a smithering % of blacks. Now if you wanted to incite a race war involving hispanics or Navajos, possibly, but the majority of LEOs, and city councils are hispanics also.

You also still need a local causation to get any traction towards getting a protest to turn into rioting. George Floyd's death didn't trigger any riots in either location.

Besides, all the street gangs in Albq would run antifa out of town for upsetting their commerce!

·
21,928 Posts
Can't seem to even find a news story confirming that any protests/riots/unusually rowdy bingo games took place.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
31,691 Posts
Can't seem to even find a news story confirming that any protests/riots/unusually rowdy bingo games took place.
I took it that T&C is talking about this coming weekend, since yesterday is this week!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
What concerns me is there's no way to know where they will strike next. Quite a highly mobile organization of extreme radicals from what I can tell.

There is no longer much, if anything, getting in their way.

·
Super Moderator
35,510 Posts
What concerns me is there's no way to know where they will strike next. Quite a highly mobile organization of extreme radicals from what I can tell.

airfare is so cheap they don't even need Greyhound anymore/

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I was told, it will take place next Saturday, September 12.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
We had some show up in a nearby town. They didn't stick around long. Just a few hours, while they decided on an escape plan and in what direction to run. Then they found out as long as they leave, nothing will happen. They thought they could provoke something yelling at one drunk redneck when surrounded 15:1 by sober smiling rednecks.

Our LEO's had a quiet day.

Maloy

·
Registered
31,691 Posts

They start wandering into the 'Burbs, and plenty will get in their way!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts

They have to announce it ahead of time so they can gather up the local ne'er-do-wells and brainwashed children to act as a cover for them whilst they do their thing. Once they start, the local ne'er-do-wells can start looting and give them more cover for their actions.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
That was took in a Florida neighborhood after a hurricane a few years ago.

By the way, they do mean it, too. Looters don't last long along the coast after a hurricane comes through.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE
1 - 20 of 38 Posts