Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone who complains that gun prices are crazy, that there are no deals to be had any more; that we're being gouged by greedy gun sellers (and I've been bleating about this for a while now); I gotta say there are bargains and hot deals out there.

But ya gotta shop and look and know what you want/like.

Case in point: I was on CDI's Gunbroker web site, looking again for a BHP clone, and he had a Taurus Pt917 CS for $289. $289!!! For a 9mm pistol, from a good manufacturer (I've had four Tauruses and never been disappointed) And it looked pretty good all nice and shiny, no gouges, scratches, and an excellent bore. It's the perfect mate for my PT 99...one stainless, one matte black and fits in well with my Beretta 1951.) I bought it without a second thought.

It came today, I spent ten minutes with some Mother's chrome polish, and the gun looks brand new. Bore is pristine. It sparkles. And it's virtually the same bloody gun as Pt 92 for less than $300. I'm amazed...obviously.

This is my fourth CDI (Coles Distributing) gun and he's got great stuff at good prices....and some at really great prices.

Adding some Altmont grips and a range report in the next day or three.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
If I came across one of those with the finger grooves and fiber optic front sight like the website showed, it would be an instant buy for me

·
Registered
238 Posts
I need to keep my eye peeled for one of these. Very nice. It's in much better shape than the other Taurus pistols CDI has on Gunbroker.

Congrats on a nice score.

Tuckerdog1

·
Administrator
17,824 Posts
Sweet Deal on a very nice PT917! :cool: Congratulations!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I liked mine. Congrats on a nice pistol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts