Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A young English gentleman was invited to a very prestigious English hunting club one evening. This club counted among its members some of the finest gentleman in all England, and one in particular that the young man wanted to meet was Colonel Higgins. Colonel Higgins had served in the English army all his life - he'd seen it all, and he'd done it all. And even though he was well into his 90's, his mind was still sharp, and he was known not just for his great deeds, but for the wonderful stories that he told.

That evening after dinner as they smoked cigars and drank brandy, the young man saw his opportunity and he approached the Colonel and said "Colonel Higgins, would you be so good as to regale us with one of your many tales?"

The Colonel said "Why certainly, my boy. I remember years ago we were on safari in deepest darkest Africa. After the days hunt we had set into our camp by the river, when with no warning out of the brush leapt a giant nine-foot lion." The Colonel raised his arms over his head and let out with a mighty "ROAR!" The Colonel continued "My God man, I soiled myself!"

The young man said "Well Colonel, given the attack of a giant nine-foot lion, ANYONE would have a similar reaction!"

And the Colonel replied "Not THEN you twit! Just now, when I went 'ROAR!'"

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I was lucky enough to meet MCPON Black at the final Navy Ball held at NTC Orlando. I was pretty young and trying to be on my best behavior. The guest of honor was of course the Master Chief. During a short but very well done speech I think I was FAR from the only one to choke, spit out drink, do my best to bite back laughter, and more when he started dropping bomb shells like, "I remember when closets were for hanging your uniforms in, not for coming out of..." It was a memorable night. Not a very PC night, but everyone left happy including the few "don't ask, don't tell" people. With good leadership that brings high moral to the crew, you would be shocked at what little trouble sexual preference or racism becomes. But let bad leadership go unchecked and watch the problems start to crop up everywhere in everything. I'm just glad I was able to shake his hand. He was quite the man. Not sure why all this just came out like this. I guess the joke hit really close to the real life moment there.

Here he is if anyone is curious: Delbert Black - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Carry on, nothing to see here…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts