Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to wally world with the wife. Did a little shopping, you know where I push the cart around and she piles stuff in it. Anywho we get to the checkout and the total is $67.58. My wife hands the cashier $77.58. The cashier stares at the money for a few seconds and tries to hand her back the $7. My wife says, "no I want a 10 back." Now if you knew my wife you would understand the huge grin this put on my face. I honestly did not think she was capable of this kind of math. I certainly never thought I'd see her actually confuse anyone and be right. I mean when she helps our 7 year old with his homework, I double check it to correct her mistakes. Just thought I'd share:D

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
She gave the cashier a $50 bill, a $20 bill and either 7 $1 dollar bills or a $5 bill and 2 $1 dollar bills. And the 58 cents.
Did I get it right?

·
Registered
16,968 Posts
Went to wally world with the wife. Did a little shopping, you know where I push the cart around and she piles stuff in it.
I'm sorry but that was so funny it almost made me fall out of my chair.
I believe we are married to the same woman.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
I am always amazed when a cashier can actually count change back to me...doesn't happen often ( 1 in 1,000 )

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
I am glad you were not accused of trying to swindle the cashier.

I did that one time at a gas station and the clerk insinuated I was trying to pull one over on her. It took the manager to clear it up.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I am glad you were not accused of trying to swindle the cashier.

I did that one time at a gas station and the clerk insinuated I was trying to pull one over on her. It took the manager to clear it up.
Same thing happened to me at a Target. Apparently this was a popular scam, where some smart folk would pull a fast one on the unsuspecting clerk. Something to do with breaking a bill when you are paying.......

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I guess some of them are too dumb to realize the cash register computer is also a calculator.
Punch in the amount received and it tells you the correct change.

·
Registered
16,968 Posts
I guess some of them are too dumb to realize the cash register computer is also a calculator.
Punch in the amount received and it tells you the correct change.
That involves pushing a button and requires a $15 an hour wage.

·
Super Moderator
35,739 Posts
Reactions: shiftace

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I went to Wal-Mart tonight too. It was a zoo! It was extremely busy and there was a kid
around five years old that threw a fifteen minute temper tantrum that could be heard all
over the store. Either his mother was deaf or she was the worst disciplinarian in the world
because she did nothing about it. If that had been me, my mother would have pinched
the fire out of me at the store and given me a whipping when I got home. Then after the
fifteen minute wait in line, a girl came up to me asking for gas money. My wife had gone
to the car before me and told me that same girl had just gotten in a big argument with
her boyfriend just minutes before. She locked her car doors when she heard the two
arguing. The boyfriend took off and left the girl and the vehicle in the parking lot.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Went to wally world with the wife. Did a little shopping, you know where I push the cart around and she piles stuff in it. Anywho we get to the checkout and the total is $67.58. My wife hands the cashier $77.58. The cashier stares at the money for a few seconds and tries to hand her back the $7. My wife says, "no I want a 10 back." Now if you knew my wife you would understand the huge grin this put on my face. I honestly did not think she was capable of this kind of math. I certainly never thought I'd see her actually confuse anyone and be right. I mean when she helps our 7 year old with his homework, I double check it to correct her mistakes. Just thought I'd share:D
:nopics::D;)

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
Men never grow up, their toys just get more expensive!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,886 Posts
Bravo MG :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts