Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after being on order for 6 months, then getting cancelled and put on the back burner for a Super Redhawk, it's finally here, my Henry Mare's leg in 44 Mag. Yes it's classified as a pistol, I can get a holster for it, and I can legally carry it. Don't think I will but it would be cool! Hopefully I'll get to shoot it sometime soon.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a neat looking "pistol", but it's going to be tough to carry concealed. Shoot it often in good health.

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
Open carry that bad boy!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
How very cool!!!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,699 Posts
Ohhh yeeaahh, I like that!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Niceeeee!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Were next size bigger bib overhauls.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
If I still had my motor sickle, that sucker would've been traveling in a python skin scabbard mounted right to the bike!

·
Banned
1,997 Posts
I have a Rossi Ranch Hand myself in 45Colt. Neat toy. It is a pretty close copy to Randals 1st mares leg used in the old TV series. Mine has a bigger loop. They changed it later in the series to smaller look and hex barrel,
Enjoy.I think Henry is better quality gun myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,504 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
that was my favorite tv show when i was a kid

jhp
nice pistol
how does it shoot

Reactions: rogertc1

·
Super Moderator
20,112 Posts
I wouldn't mind having something like that but would really opt for 357MAG over the 44MAG. I have a Marlin lever action 1895 in 44MAG which is my primary deer gun but it does have quite a bit of punch in recoil. I know Marlin makes them (1895 model lever actions) in 357 and would opt for that in the shortened lever action Mare's leg if they make them.

But, to the OP, thats a beaut! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
25,027 Posts
Congrats. Shades of Steve McQueen

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With working 2 jobs, 7 days a week to pay for the toys, I haven't had a chance to go to the range. I bought it now mainly due to the fact that a gun shop in southern Ohio sold it to me $100 cheaper than anyone else so I had to jump on it. I've got vacation coming in about a month and the range is on that list of must do things.
that was my favorite tv show when i was a kid

jhp
nice pistol
how does it shoot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts