Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kow the gun will come in a heavy layer of packing grease. What is the best way to clean the grease off?

It is going ot entail a detail stripping and cleaning down to each component part, or do i merely have to remove the slide assembly, ambi safety syste, and grips and just wipe that much down, or will the grease be jammed up inside the mechanism itself and the magazine well?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Hmmm... there are probably better ways, but I used Break Free to flush inners and outers. I had guessed that the heavy grease was mostly an outside thing... I used SLIP 2000 to dripple down into the fire control, disconnector hole, rails, etc.

It wasn't for several days that I got around to a detail strip of the frame and as I guessed, the hammer, disconnector, sear and levers were in good shape. As typical, I polished the flat of the disconnector and the bow of the trigger where it rides and after much patience, I got the series 80 levers back in place. There was no NECESSITY for the detail strip, but I wanted to polish the hammer and trigger.

Do what you're comfortable with on stripping, use something good to lube... and you can always use an air hose to GENTLY blow out the excess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts