·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Found this piece of mis-information about 1/5 of the way down the article:
Today in America, most handguns are semi-automatics, as are many long guns, including the best-selling rifle today, the AR-15, the model used in the Newtown shooting.

The AR-15 was not used in the Newtown shooting it was found in the shooters vehicle afterward and was never taken into the building, the antis will use all the mis-information they can get their hands on such as posts like this to gradually chip away at the rights of law abiding Americans to own firearms.

Reactions: Divebum

·
Registered
16,314 Posts
Today in America, most handguns are semi-automatics, as are many long guns, including the best-selling rifle today, the AR-15, the model used in the Newtown shooting.

The AR-15 was not used in the Newtown shooting it was found in the shooters vehicle afterward and was never taken into the building, the antis will use all the mis-information they can get their hands on such as posts like this to gradually chip away at the rights of law abiding Americans to own firearms.
The section stating it was one of the firearms used in Newton was part of a quote by David Kopel of the Wall Street Journal.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Interesting presentation. While the majority of firearms are semi-autos, that majority is slight, all others are running VERY close second. If anyone bothered to check Diane Feinstein's website before it was punked, she had listed "assault pistols" as something that should be banned. Those don't exist either but that doesn't stop an unscrupulous, dishonest wretch like Feinstein from pushing it anyway. The presenter was also correct in saying that the AR-15 IS the new flintlock musket. The Founders would be THRILLED with it and encourage its constant use.

Reactions: Divebum

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
The section stating it was one of the firearms used in Newton was part of a quote by David Kopel of the Wall Street Journal.
I probably missed that part because of the steam pouring out of My ears, thanks for pointing it out, I'll have to slow down while reading these things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's just a great presentation. To be honest, I had never been able to glean just when "assault weapon" was meant to mean. The thought that it is a purely artificial, legal term is enlightening. Also, the rate of fire comparison really hit home. The comparison of an ar-15 to a modern musket really hit the mark, way to say a lot with very few words!

·
Registered
20,098 Posts
This says it all!
Do it. I've been preaching that stance for years. Spread the truth. The media has people believing that "semi automatic weapons" spray an endless array of death - that they are so powerful they strip the meat from the bones of every himsn in their path. I've used the revolver analogy endlessly. How does one counter the media multi millions liars club!? The Wall Street Journal did a decent job with the recent article Iirc "the truth about assault weapons" can't find it at the mo but I have posted it here - and many other forums.

Reactions: BMC

·
Registered
832 Posts
Do it. I've been preaching that stance for years. Spread the truth. The media has people believing that "semi automatic weapons" spray an endless array of death - that they are so powerful they strip the meat from the bones of every himsn in their path. I've used the revolver analogy endlessly. How does one counter the media multi millions liars club!? The Wall Street Journal did a decent job with the recent article Iirc "the truth about assault weapons" can't find it at the mo but I have posted it here - and many other forums.
Don't think this has been posted here before but here is a clip demonstrating the posturing the Media does when presented with an attempt at a rational discussion.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts

I'd like to hear the definitive answer to this.
In the video I watched, a bit grainy, as it was taken from a helicopter, but the long gun the officer was securing in the trunk was obviously side-charged, like an AK, and the shell that came out when he jacked the charging handle was obviously a shotgun shell. There is another video (sorry, don't have the link handy) that shows the similarity to a Saiga AK-style shotgun.

It definitely was not a rear-charged AR platform.

Now, was there an AR in there as well, or in the back seat? Hell if I know...

·
Registered
21,536 Posts
I've said it before: I still don't know what an assault weapon really is.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
There's a real big difference between, "I don't understand," and, "I won't understand."

·
Registered
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd like to hear the definitive answer to this.
In the video I watched, a bit grainy, as it was taken from a helicopter, but the long gun the officer was securing in the trunk was obviously side-charged, like an AK, and the shell that came out when he jacked the charging handle was obviously a shotgun shell. There is another video (sorry, don't have the link handy) that shows the similarity to a Saiga AK-style shotgun.

It definitely was not a rear-charged AR platform.

Now, was there an AR in there as well, or in the back seat? Hell if I know...
Thank you for bring that up, is was a shotgun not a AR15 and the shotgun was never used in the raid

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
But they LOOK scary!!!!!!!!

P.S. That's why an intruder doesn't want to see me looking down the sights of one as he comes up the stairs! Get it now?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.