Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the opportunity to get the two Tri-Star pistols that I purchased a week or two back out to the range.

Please keep in mind that my range does not involve paper targets that I can take photos of to show my accuracy or lack there of. My range consist of a long twisty dry creek bed which we shoot cans of various size from standing on a water crossing and attempt to make them dance down the creek bed until there is either nothing left to hit or they have danced out of sight.

The only exception to a perfect performance out of the two of them was that the T100 did fail to return to full battery 4 times in a row, this was out of the first 8 rounds. After removing the chambered round then pulling the slide back and releasing it each of these 4 times everything functioned perfectly from that point on.

Other than the above issue both the T100 and S120 performed as you would expect a much higher priced hand gun to do. The slide action was smooth delivering almost zero recoil which is also very in line with the way that the CZ design was intended. The sights were either dead on perfect or off just the same as my corrected vision. A simple line up the three dots and pull the trigger and hit the intended target action. The trigger pull on each was smooth, no gritty feel often felt on less expensive firearms. Easy to read the feel as to where the action to full pull to fire would be in both SA and DA. The S120 did have a little different feel to the trigger, I'm not sure why however. I guess it could be as simple as frame design and the manner it fit my hand over that of the T100.

Upon cleaning both of the pistols I was surprised at how clean they were in relation to a few of the other 9mm pistols I had taken along. I have no idea why this is, maybe they simply exhaust the blow back and powder residue better. Or maybe it was the fact that the south Texas winds were hanging tough at better than 25mph with even higher gust at times. I also noticed that the Cerakote finish had worn in a few different points between the slide and frame, which I would guess to have to happen as the frame and slide mate and function as one tool rather than two individual parts of a tool.

When I purchased both of these Tri-Star pistols I have to admit that I wanted the T100 which looks more like a Desert Eagle than a CZ and only purchased the S120 a CZ clone due to the price I was able to purchase it at. The T100 has a lower frame made from a metal alloy where as the S designation of the S120 stands for steel frame. I don't know if it is the steel frame and added weight or the slightly smoother action of the trigger, but for some reason I seemed to prefer shooting the S120 out of the two.

All in, I do recommend both of these Tri-Star Products as a great pistol for the money spent. My only complaint is that they only come with a 5 year warranty rather than the Lifetime Warranty that is quickly becoming the industry standard.

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
Heck I wouldn't worry about a 5 year warranty!
If I shoot a pistol for 5 years and it don't come apart then likely it isn't going to and so only routine maintenance is expected.

·
Registered
13,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck I wouldn't worry about a 5 year warranty!
If I shoot a pistol for 5 years and it don't come apart then likely it isn't going to and so only routine maintenance is expected.
My mind thinks a little different, given the political climate of that region of the world there is always the question as to whether Turkey will be around in 5 years. Or for that matter, will I?

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
My Tristar C100 is a fine semi-auto pistol. It shoots wonderfully, is reliable as air, and was relatively inexpensive.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice report. I'm glad they functioned as they should.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I really like quality of my Tristar C-100 and S-120, especially for the money. You'll enjoy yours.

Reactions: jonrjen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts