Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
It has a 45 mile range on full charge. Total all up cost will be just over $2500. For an extra $250 you can have MP3 fitted, for an extra $480 you can have solid tyres fitted. I'm just going for the upgrade motor, 800W.
I strongly advise the solid tires. My wife has a power wheelchair that came with tubes in the wheels. They were constantly deflating due to the hub design. The solid tires made all the difference in ride and handling, and of course, durability. The tread has lasted much longer on the solids. Of course she's in her "ride" 24/7.

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOW... just checked it out. The solid tyres to fit the scooter I'm getting work out at nearly $490 for a set..!! I just think, for the time being, I'll be careful where I go to. Roads around us are pretty good though.

We have two 'classes' of mobility scooters over here. Class 2 are for sidewalk use only, with a max speed of 4mph. Class 3 (mine) are for full road use and sidewalk but you have to have a governor to restrict your speed to the sidewalk 4mph. And they must have lights front and rear, turn indicators, brakes etc. No insurance or road tax are needed.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Im sure if you put knobbley tires on it you wil have to put inner tubes and then you could use fix a tire goopy stuff in them to prevent flat tires. Enjoy your new found freedom.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
WOW... just checked it out. The solid tyres to fit the scooter I'm getting work out at nearly $490 for a set..!! I just think, for the time being, I'll be careful where I go to. Roads around us are pretty good though.

We have two 'classes' of mobility scooters over here. Class 2 are for sidewalk use only, with a max speed of 4mph. Class 3 (mine) are for full road use and sidewalk but you have to have a governor to restrict your speed to the sidewalk 4mph. And they must have lights front and rear, turn indicators, brakes etc. No insurance or road tax are needed.
Try here direct from China.
https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&dspm=pcen.hp.searhclick.1.LtJNk4PFMcCENkIHoOI5&resource_id=&sus=&searchkey=solid+mbilty+scooter+tires&catalog=#hpsearch1806

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Reactions: Ickthus

·
21,931 Posts
I'm having a vision of next year's IOM vintage races...

$_86.JPG

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Yeah.. order today, delivery in three years..!!
Everything I have ever ordered came within 6 weeks, They also have very nice sport bike body work pre-painted and with graphics for about the price of an OEM windscreen

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Look, all performance upgrades are pointless until you get it painted with flames. :D

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Needs a sissy bar and some ape hangers.

Maybe a nice set of leather saddlebags and some whitewalls, too.

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
....Maybe a nice set of leather saddlebags and some whitewalls, too...
Saddlebags I could do.. whitewalls, over here, are sooooo LIBERAL..!! I'd have to lie and tell everyone they were on it when I bought it..!!

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Saddlebags I could do.. whitewalls, over here, are sooooo LIBERAL..!! I'd have to lie and tell everyone they were on it when I bought it..!!
I was thinking more along these lines.

pimped out scooter.jpg

·
Registered
16,848 Posts
Looks like it was made for Batman.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
OH guys... time for some forum input. I'm trying to decide which helmet to get. Now I don't, legally, need a helmet but, after due consideration, I feel an overwhelming need to make a statement. So here's a couple of ideas.. there will be more..

helmet.jpg

brown leather helmet.jpg

helmet1.jpg

bell-scout-mattblack1.jpg

What's your preference?

Or what about this...?

helmet23.jpg

Reactions: jtg452

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I like the first helmet, but you'd better get permission from The Rev. She has more votes than you and all of us combined!

21 - 40 of 131 Posts