Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had increasingly debilitating mobility issues for some time now and, at the moment, I'm waiting to have by-pass surgery on my right leg, above the knee and my left leg, below the knee. I'm lucky if I can walk 50m before I have to sit down and rest up. I can manage at the range as we shoot 25m so a walk down to put a target up means I can 'get my breath' before making the 25m return trip to the firing point..!! LOL

So, I have decided enough is enough. Time to get organised, time to get properly mobile. So I'm getting one of these:

scooter.jpg

From a company in the UK called Green Power. This is the Unique-4. Top speed of 15 mph, 800W motor, 45 miles distance per full charge, will handle 15 degree inclines. And it will be the black model. Cool eh. Wonder if I could get this done in a Realtree wrap..??

https://www.mobilitypower.co.uk/product/unique-4/

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Nice new wheels! How long before you tinker with it and get it above 15mph? :D

Hopefully you get in and get the surgery soon! I have had mobility issues as well, they suck! I hobbled around with a broken foot not all that long ago and I was temporarily paralyzed about a decade ago for a couple weeks.

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
Isn't it nice that we live in an age where we have those kinds of options? If you make a visit across the pond, bring it with you in checked baggage, then make a stop in Pennsylvania and let kschilk install some performance upgrades. I'll bet he can find stuff that'll put those stock performance specs to shame. ;D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't it nice that we live in an age where we have those kinds of options? If you make a visit across the pond, bring it with you in checked baggage, then make a stop in Pennsylvania and let kschilk install some performance upgrades. I'll bet he can find stuff that'll put those stock performance specs to shame. ;D
Sound like a plan..;D

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice new wheels! How long before you tinker with it and get it above 15mph? :D

Hopefully you get in and get the surgery soon! I have had mobility issues as well, they suck! I hobbled around with a broken foot not all that long ago and I was temporarily paralyzed about a decade ago for a couple weeks.

Do you think BF Goodrich do knobbly tyres that would fit?.. I'm thinking already of a suitably non-PC 'licence plate' for the front - and fit some high power spots the 'bull bars'.. he, he..

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
That's cool looking and if it has wheels, it will be raced and taken off road.
I'm getting limited in mobility by my right leg and passage between the lungs and heart.
I want my Yamaha TW200 classified as my mobility scooter so I can use it on trails marked no motorized vehicles. I can't walk fast far. I can walk a mile or two with baby steps. If I walk where I want and fast as I want my right leg will swell even with the compression knee high. I breath to hard and lungs retain fluid. So let me ride my bike to see and go where I want. You don't like my little $3,800 motor bike but that $25,000 off road mobility scooter is approved.
Hey Tom, what kind of range can you get out of a charge? Go get a monkey bike and modified the hell out of it. LOL your little Island should get a kick out of that.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Can you put a rifle holster on that thing?
Or maybe a shotgun holster, like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator II.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's cool looking and if it has wheels, it will be raced and taken off road.
I'm getting limited in mobility by my right leg and passage between the lungs and heart.
I want my Yamaha TW200 classified as my mobility scooter so I can use it on trails marked no motorized vehicles. I can't walk fast far. I can walk a mile or two with baby steps. If I walk where I want and fast as I want my right leg will swell even with the compression knee high. I breath to hard and lungs retain fluid. So let me ride my bike to see and go where I want. You don't like my little $3,800 motor bike but that $25,000 off road mobility scooter is approved.
Hey Tom, what kind of range can you get out of a charge? Go get a monkey bike and modified the hell out of it. LOL your little Island should get a kick out of that.
It has a 45 mile range on full charge. Total all up cost will be just over $2500. For an extra $250 you can have MP3 fitted, for an extra $480 you can have solid tyres fitted. I'm just going for the upgrade motor, 800W.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Really sweet! Battery technology has improved so much. Now you need solar panels to charge it while you're out in the English sun with the mad dogs :D

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I looked at the scooter specs and couldnt find anything about tire sizes but they make knobly tires in just about any size. May not be goodyears but could be dunlops or michelins

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hemi=hemispherical heads. Low included valve angle promotes better intake air flow and pushes exhaust out and during valve open overlap helps scavenge more exhaust feom cylinder. =more horsepower. Kinda of like .22vs30.06.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
OK, so yer' gonna' have to put a turbo and some hi-octane petrol in that thing to get it up to TT standards. Have you approached BP for some sponsorship money yet? Maybe get some "Taurus" decals from headquarters for the bonnet?? :)

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Hemi= Hemispherical. It refer to the combustion chamber of a certain type of Dodge (I think) engine.
My largest mobility scooter. It has 10,000 miles on it. The photo is a stock manufacturers photo. Mine is stretched 8 inches and has a surrey top, dual mirrors, bench seat and mag wheels on it.
All 4 of my mobility scooters are 3 wheelers.
I strongly recommend the solid tyres too. Many times over the 15 years I have had mobility scooters I would have a blow-out and need a tow truck to get it and me home.
The web site of my biggest scooter. https://www.palmerind.com/
I just recently bought a 27 year old two-seater version of it. It needs batteries.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
I looked at the scooter specs and couldnt find anything about tire sizes but they make knobly tires in just about any size. May not be goodyears but could be dunlops or michelins

Not sure if they make scooter tires but for motorcycle knobbies, it was always Metzler for sand, Pirelli for intermediate and Dunlop for the hard-pack.

Reactions: Flash60601
1 - 20 of 131 Posts