Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Taurus Thunderbolt and have had it back to the Taurus Repair Shop to fix a "design issue" according to them. They would not fix it and will not answer my subsequent letter showing them how and why it needs repair.

Does anyone know who I can take this issue to at Taurus as I want to talk with someone knowledgeable?????

:mad:

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Call Taurus Customer Service and ask for Christian.

When I had a problem, he was the one who got things done.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Based on your post I might assume you sent in your firearm and it was returned to you not-fixed to your expectations? You then sent a letter to them following up about your dissatisfaction, how it should be fixed and no one replied?

As far as knowledgeable employees maybe you are referring to someone who is technically skilled and well versed in firearms like a gunsmith?

Here are my observations based on my experiences assuming I understood what you're after correctly.

-CS reps can only try to understand and document your concerns the best that they know how. Many of them have never handled a firearm (I have asked numerous reps if they own or shoot Taurus firearms and that was the response I got). They are trained in Taurus policy and procedure and limited firearm technical data to identify and familiarize themselves primarily with parts, basic function and jargon. They would not be good candidates to diagnose a firearm especially over the phone. Not having techs diagnose firearm function issues is wise on Tauruses part becuase CS reps should not be diagnosing firearms at all.

-Other than the notes CS reps put in the system they have no dialog with the repair department. The only people in CS that have dialog with repair are the managers. Customer letters go with the firearm directly to the repair tech unless the firearm is to be assessed by the review board (then the managers get involved with the repair/replacement of the firearm). If you send a letter in with your firearm and it goes directly to the gunsmith or tech there may also be a ESOL(English Speakers of Other Languages) issue. That also goes for the notes in the system documented by the CS rep.

-About the only way one can somewhat communicate with the repair department is a third party that may directly intervene and delegate a fix based on the customers concerns which is through the review board. This may also be more effective regarding language barriers because one of the managers on the review board is Brazilian and most likely speaks Portuguese and/or Spanish like many of the techs may speak as their first language.

-The only way I have found to effectively get your opinion heard is by sending your firearm in with another letter and addressing the shipping label and letter to "the review board". To arrange this you must go through a CS rep. They will note your concerns and intention of making sure the firearm is reviewed by the review board and send you another tracking label if the firearm is still within the free shipping warranty parameters.

-Then it is up to the review board how they want to move forwards. The best case situation is that your firearm is repaired to your expectations or replaced.

-Suggesting repairs and approaches did not work for me. I tried doing this as well. They have a set protocol for repairs and follow that protocol. The best thing that could happen and what you may ask for is a replacement or possibly a different replacement model firearm of equal or lesser value.

These recommendations are subjective based on my experiences. You may be able to successfully get what you need another way. I went through this process for multiple weapons so I am pretty well versed in it.

Here are some helpful names when addressing your letter to the review board if you choose to do so:

The Review Board:
Mr. Amaro DaSilva
Firearm Production and Repair Manager
Mr. Robert Crescenzi
Customer Service Manager
Taurus International
16175 NW 49th AVE
Miami, FL 33014

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I would like to hear more about the problem. I have considered the Thunderbolt for quite some time, made a deal on a used rifle but the seller backed out. They are still available through the retail system.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have a Taurus Thunderbolt and have had it back to the Taurus Repair Shop to fix a "design issue" according to them. They would not fix it and will not answer my subsequent letter showing them how and why it needs repair.

:mad:
Can you clarify what you mean by "...they would not fix it..." ?

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Does their refusal to fix the gun have anything to do with the same warranty as Rossi? Lifetime on handguns, and i believe only a year on long guns IMSMC.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hit and run???

In that production on these Colt Lightning clones has ceased, I doubt that any "design issues" will be addressed. The 45 Colt is still offered NIB on Bud's but I'm sure it will sell out soon like the 357 Mag did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts