Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Taurus, I hope you're reading this customer feedback.

I have had many Tauri, all of wich are outstanding guns. I plan to buy a lot more. Having said that, I must say that the Taurus website is aweful. The product search and the gun selector functions need immediate attention. It is very difficult to find what you're looking for in many cases. Example: Type in PT92 or M85 in the product selector, and see what happens. Nothing! When you type in 38 special Plus P in the gun selector, it brings up some of them (but not all). Go to page 2 and it brings up the 40 cals and the 9mm guns.

Also, many of the products don't have a picture. Instead, they have a little sticker that says "image coming soon". Those stickers have been there forever. Borrow a camera from the good folks at Rossi and take the pictures!

In this day and age, many people research the heck out of the products they intend to buy on the internet. The website makes it very difficult to find some of your products. It really needs attention IMHO.

I'm a big fan who's just trying to be helpful!

My best to all!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I consider the state of any company's website to be an indicator of the state of that company's customer service.
In this case, I'd say the shoe fits. I agree the site needs work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having read MANY negative comments about Taurus guns on other forums, I decided to check out the
Taurus web site.

If the state of the web site is any indication of how Taurus manages other aspects of its business,
the negative comments might have merit.

I have not decided to purchase a Taurus, partly because of the quality of the factory web site.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
OM44 ....sorry you have chosen not to get a Taurus..
As far as other forums...i am on 3 and there is a fair share of other guns with problems ...

Not buying a gun because of a website is a little crazy.... :D

If you read on other forums....look around for other brands of guns, you might be suprised ;) on what you find...
you should always check out each gun before you buy it...
I had a Colt Commander that gave me nothing but problems and i bought a S/W Sigma .9mm when they first came out,and it did not work for me in alot of ways..but because of it being a S/W i bought it..
So you might want to read a little more in here and see all the good stuff on Taurus also.. :D :D
Hopefully you will find the right gun for you.... ;)
Good luck on your search... :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
DB, I think what we are really seeing is a rash of trolls on this board... people signing up to the board just to bash Taurus to get a rise out of some.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dbsoundguy, I reread what I posted, and I noticed I left out a word.

"Yet"

I have not yet decided to purchase a Taurus. I have not found another gun that
fits in my hands better than the PT140 that I found at a gun show. I need to find
a place that rents Taurus firearms and try out the 145 or 745. I already
own a full size Ruger .45 that is far too large to conceal.

Pierce, there may indead be trolls here, but I am not one of them. I am trying to
avoid making another mistake like I made when I purchased a Walther PPK/S that
turned out to be less than perfect. I, too, read other forums and there are many
other guns with problems.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the PT745 but I may have to wait until after Christmas.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
No Problems here :D
This forum was made so people could research on Taurus guns and just to have fun... ;) :) :) :p
There are many guys on here that have had problems with there Taurus Guns....and Cust Service...
and as Leejack posted...there website does need a little help...
But you will see alot of support on problems in here from other members... 8)... you also see alot of support in general on many things also...
So i am glad you are hanging around with us still... :yipee:

I know about buying a gun that was not right(S/W Sigma).... gun was fine but did not fit me like i hoped..
so i understand...

BTW..don't forget about Revolvers...they tend to always fit in your hand...LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well, having used the Taurus Web Site, to find out about the guns I purchased, before going to a dealer, or a web dealer site to compare them. I know that in the last 6 months I have seen a change in the web site! Not a Good one by the way.

In today's online invironment, most companies have been paying close attention to their web site, because it is a front door that shows what they got, and how to get it.

I have found theTaurus site, and several others that were a year or more out of date! Believe me the Taurus site is more current than some. One site was advertising their new 2006 catalogue, and that was just this week.

If companies would look at what they have out there for real, and not just put up a web site and virtually forget about it for many months, or years. Then we as buyers would be much happier, and once they learn to update, and see an increase in sales they will know that it is vital to their business.

It really does not take much to update a web site. I have built several for small businesses and my own at least twice. Someone just needs the access's and an uploader, or someone they can tell what they want done.

Ok, I am off my soap box for now. But I do love the web, and would love to see our source for Taurus info current.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I requested a catalog from Taurus while at their website twice in 18 month. I haven't seen one yet. They have forgotten about their website. In todays business environment that puts them at a extreme disadvantage.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just download their catalog. Usually more up to date then the web sight even though the catalog is a year old. :eek:

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the record, I am a huge Taurus fan. I have defended Taurus for over a decade.
I've owned several of them (all outstanding guns).
My post was "indeed" to be helpful.

One would hope that a Taurus employee would read this stuff and take the suggestions to their supervision for process improvement.

Donald

PT99 (100% reliable)
M85B (100% reliable)
M85CHUL (100% reliable)
94SS (my raging 22) (100% reliable)

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
What would make you think any of the admins or Mods even know anyone who works for Taurus.

I know I hope for improvement, and suggestions this way if forwarded, or discussed might make a difference.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't make any reference to the admins or mods at all.

I do think, that If I worked for Taurus, I would belong to forums like this and I would suggest (through whatever means they have set up) a process improvement on the website. Many companies reward their people for submitting helpful suggestions.

Anything we can do to help get rid of all the bashing, and get people interested in these fine Taurus guns, should be a good thing.

I for one, plan on buying many more Tauri in the future. Mine have been stellar!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem Robby! I just want to assure everybody that I am a big fan and not a basher. I have the greatest respect for all.

Sounds like we both like Taurus. I see you have a Judge. WOW! I saw the video on that baby. I want one!

All the best,

Don

·
Registered
31 Posts
Not a troll here, but I do call 'em like I see 'em. I love my Taurus (now that it has been fixed), but I stand by my statement that web presence reflects commitment to customer service in many cases. Taurus is going through some pains right now from what I hear, and I know we are all hoping for them to get through it and improve on a few things.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Compare a car manufactures website to the Taurus website. You would still be seeing the new 2005 models.

·
22,058 Posts
The thing I don't understand about The web site is why it is not kept current. The 917 model has been out for a while but no picture exists on the site. I just got a 24/7 longslide 9mm and the site does not even show that model exists. :???: :???:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I think that that was the reason this thread started. Hoping against hope, someone from Taurus would see the reaction to the site, and put in motion the updates that need to be done.

If you love your weapons as most of us do, you would love to be able to find the most recent information about them, on the company web site.

We live in the hope that soon, someone will start to work on those updates. Maybe even, cross references about what will work with what in different models.

And especially what is coming in the near future, or going away due to not enough interest.

·
22,058 Posts
I agree, I am a big S&W M&P shooter and the Smith site does have a more up to date page. Also a great line of accessories. I have even found a web site that does nothing but sell stuff for the M&P line.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts