Taurus Firearm Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had two, liked them and they even shoot .32 caliber ammo !

(that's another story about me loading up .32 acp in the Spectrum mags and shooting a few rounds... Until I noticed the poor accuracy and bulged fired brass being ejected)

Carried and shot the first one frequently... Then sold it as I wanted to try a Kahr .380

The last Spectrum I had (after the Kahr trial was a bust) was so frustrating to reassemble because of the oversized recoil spring I sold it the very next day after I bought it (shot it the first day and got is reassembled after cleaning prior to shooting... But with lots of cussing)

Never been so glad to be rid of a pistol

It did fit me - my hands - well and I loved the ergos ... Was easy to carry ... A smooth light gun

·
Registered
516 Posts
...So what do you folks here have to say? How reliable is your Spectrum?...

My early-2018 Spectrum has been 100% reliable for me. It's also an EDC delight because it conceals well. It's about as accurate as you'd expect, and is easy to disassemble/reassemble/clean, etc.

Of course, finding ammunition for it at this time has been problematic in my area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a recently manufactured Taurus Spectrum with the gigantic recoil spring. So far after 200 rounds through it, I have had no failure to fire problems. However, the only available ammo in my area is Federal red box FMJ so my Spectrum has had a restricted diet.

I did have problems with the extended 7 round magazine getting loose and almost falling out while firing........I have medium large hands and I was putting a lot of pressure on the pinky extension with my right 4th and pinky finger since I couldn’t get much of the meat of my left hand below my left thumb on the grip. I put a Hogue grip cover on it which I decided not to use on my Sig P365 and it helps me get a better two handed grip so I can take some pressure off of the mags pinky extension. No problems with the 7 round mag since.

I definitely did not like the trigger‘s curve or the excessive grit and pull weight. Made for lots of dipping barrel problems and low shots. I took out the fire control module, polished up the trigger bar and anything it touched along with sanding off the lower curved tip from the trigger. No more finger pinching against the trigger guard and the trigger pull is a bit lighter and way smoother.

For the price, it works fine so far..........

·
Super Moderator
37,012 Posts
^^ Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
516 Posts
...So far after 200 rounds through it, I have had no failure to fire problems. However, the only available ammo in my area is Federal red box FMJ so my Spectrum has had a restricted diet...For the price, it works fine so far..........

Likewise, my Spectrum has had a restricted Federal diet...but, it's also never had any issues (thus far) either, sooooo.....

41 - 45 of 45 Posts