Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my PT1911 a few minutes ago - still in the grease bag :)

The gun looks to be a good one but I won't know till I fire it this weekend.

The rear Heinie night sight is clearly not centered with the firing pin. How tight are they when the set screw is loosened? I was going to try and center it myself if it's possible by just tapping it after loosening the set screw.

Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
My PT111, the first one I received had the rear sight shifted one way and the front sight the other way. When I started to clean it prior to firing, I found a defect on the ramp where the round enters the chamber, a serious defect. It was replace over night, but if your finding this on the outside, I would be sure to go over the whole gun, internally and look for other problems. What I had and what you have should have been caught in manufacturing quality checks in my opinion. As the gun was going to be replaced, I did not attempt to alter the sights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know on the 1911's but on the 24/7 pro I have it needed the rear sight moved. When the allen screw was loosened the sight moved very easily. Mark

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the sight is not loose, don't mess with it. Shoot the gun first & see where it shoots to. Just because the sight doesn't look centered doesn't mean it's not adjusted for point of aim.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Its easily adjusted, and mine were actually just barely loose. The key for the lock is the right size allen wrench and I tightened mine up a little when I went to the range the first time with it when I discovered it was loose. Mine shoots straight when the sights are in the middle of the dovetail grooves. Good luck, I'm sure you will like your PT1911.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm about ready to start degreasing it and will adjust the sight while I'm at it.The rear sight is clearly too far to the right when sighting down the slide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts