Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a piece on American Rifleman yesterday (I taped it) about the Taurus factory in Miami Fl. If I was Bob Morrison (president of Taurus) I would have avoided doing the story. The place was filthy, the facility looked older than dirt, and quite frankly did not give a very good impression of a modern, progressive manufacturing plant. It looked more like a cigar rolling plant I once saw in Key West as a kid. I'm not saying the people working there weren't highly skilled labor, I'm not saying they don't put out a good product. Some really good things come out of some not so nice places, so this is not meant as a put down. I just don't think it does a lot for the Taurus image, and adds fuel to a lot of negative sterotypes. I posted this here because I didn't want to give "fresh meat" to the wolves at TFL or the other boards.
Anyone else here see it? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dang, I went to try and set this to record and apparently I don't get The Outdoor Channel; sometimes I wonder what the use is to have so many channels and not the ones that matter!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was impressed with their CNC operations. Also, I didn't know that MIM parts were over 90% as strong as steel. I really didn't notice the condition of the factory.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
If anyone finds this online please post a link here for those of us who are too cheap for cable. :D :D

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
f anyone finds this online please post a link here for those of us who are too cheap for cable. Cheesy Cheesy
Amen to that...too funny.... Steelheart :D :p

+1..I would like to see that too ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
note to self record this show wednesday lol

another thing learned on here ;) thanks...Mp ;D

have to remember doing that also...LOL

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't know where this is . How does it compare to the Taurus factory?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have seen pictures of Belgian breweries, full of cob webs, dust, and who knows what else, but the brews coming out of those places are world class! Oh, yeah... this is about guns. ;)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
My WAG is that the pics are either Bushmaster or FN.

Steelheart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts