Taurus Firearm Forum banner

The Supreme Court

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  texas shooter 
#1 ·
The Supreme Court announced this morning that it will hear the 2nd Amendment Case, District of Columbia v. Heller, 07-290.

If you've been holding off donating to or joining a gun rights group, such as NRA, GOA, SAF, etc., now might be a good time to get involved. Lawyers are expensive and arguing before the Supreme Court takes a major effort.

Now is the time to get involved.

Now is the time to put our money where our mouths are.

It's all on the line, and now is not a time to let someone else pay for it.

#2 ·
I am a proud member of NRA. An agree they do need the help.

#3 ·
Time to open the bank books people as this fight is going to get expensive. And we all know that the anti's will be throwing mega-bucks at this one.

Topic was moved as I feel it deserves the potential increase in visibility.

Steelheart

#4 ·
I think this is a "RED MEAT" issue... I have been following this case, and it has & is being carefully orcastrated through the courts, and will be decided some time after July just in time for a Pre-Election "RED MEAT BLOOD BATH" The Courts decision will be narrow... We get to keep our Guns...

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps​
National Citizens Neighborhood Watch - Securing America​

#5 ·
This will be an important decision as the aftermath can and will trickle down to every state in this great nation. The appeals court ruling decided it was unconstitutional to have an outright ban and restriction on firearm ownership. The law restricts any legal handgun ownership by private citizens and requires those who legally own a shotgun or rifle to keep it disassembled and locked. Below I have briefly quoted the story as reported by AP:

• "Four states — Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland and New York — urged the Supreme Court to take the case because broad application of the appeals court ruling would threaten "all federal and state laws restricting access to firearms."

The case was filed in 2004 by six district residents, including four who wanted to legally possess handguns in their homes for self-defense. Another owns a registered shotgun and was required to keep it disassembled and hindered by a trigger lock. The sixth, [Dick A.Heller] who carries a handgun as a security guard at the Federal Judicial Center, was denied a registration certificate to keep one at home.

The laws in question in the case do not "merely regulate the possession of firearms," Dick A.Heller said. Instead, they "amount to a complete prohibition of the possession of all functional firearms within the home."

Note: As usual this gun ban only applies to law abiding citizens as gun crime and gun homicide is still very high in the District of Columbia. This is a good time to have the Supreme Court make a determination on this issue, Justice Clarence Thomas, for one, does interpret the constitution as giving an individual the right to keep and bear arms. In an earlier decision he was quoted as saying; "a growing body of scholarly commentary indicates that the `right to keep and bear arms' is, as the amendment's text suggests, a personal right.''

#6 ·
#7 ·
As usual all good points in this group, and I agree, it's gettin bad, I'm lucky to be a life time member, even though I got out of shooting years back I did join when as all the the gun, shooting, NRA etc. was allot cheaper. That is the one thing I did retain. I would advise all others to think of this, because it is just going up as all other matters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.