Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased my first gun at 40 years old and 6 months later I'm up to a total of 4 guns. My wife thinks I'm crazy lol but i told her it is addicting. First gun was the PT809, then the PT111, then i picked up a Springfield XD-E, and my last purchase was a Ruger AR556 MPR, she's like do you really need that and I'm like hell yeah i need it!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
My wife likes to go shooting more than I. And when my gun magazines come in I get them after she reads them. My wife also chooses the next gun (with some hints from me) we are going to add to our growing collection. Now she wants a marlin 1895sbl ( pre remington). I'm just here for the ride to the gun store.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: AbaddonRain

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Nice, non shooters just don't get it.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice! I started at the womb! :p

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Congratulations, you're off to a good start!
Now, everyone needs a .22 rifle and pistol/revolver, a shotgun, a wheelgun or two, a little Saturday night special just for giggles, a lever action rifle, an AK..... and so many more.

When someone ask you why you "need" a certain gun, tell them "need" isn't in the equation.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Told my wife my guns are the equivalent of a 1964 Ford Mustang.

If she was going to get upset about the guns, we were adding a garage.

Guns are a lot cheaper, and paid for.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Car_Doc and Stroker

·
Registered
96 Posts
That is a great start. Now get a revolver in .22Lr and take your wife out shooting start her with .22shorts. For my wife and I it all started with a 100% original Inland M1carbine with a 4digit serial number . Now our collection has savage 110L, msr15 recon, marlin 336 30/30 Ithaca 16gauge the M1 and way too many handguns to list but calibers range from .22lr to ..45acp.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37,079 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
How do you like the mossberg 500?
I'm planning that one in 20ga for my next shotgun.
Bob

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
I don't think we're all really collecting firearms. I look at it more like mechanics filling up their tool box. You should always use the right tool for the job at hand. I mean nobody goes bear hunting with a 22LR NAA sidewinder. This also means that being a brand fanboi also isn't necessary. If your toolbox is all Snap on but Mac makes a better caliper tool, you buy the mac. You may also be like many of us here that can't drop 400 bucks on the Snap on SAE combination wrench set but can drop 40 on the Husky set. If the mechanics analogy doesn't work, I'm sure people like ChefDwayne could comment on the different types and brand knives to use in a kitchen. Once surely doesn't use a paring knife to slice brisket, etc.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
How do you like the mossberg 500?
I'm planning that one in 20ga for my next shotgun.
Bob
I think you are asking that question of me? The Mossberg I bought is 12 gauge and has been reliable including some 3 gun use. If I were to buy it again, solely for home protection use, I would buy it in 20 gauge.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts