Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last time I went my 24/7 C almost lost its sights. And since then I've acquired another handgun - the 945 named Paladin
I glued the sights in and waited for a chance to go test them. And waited and waited and waited....

I used WWB deliberately in the 9mm to test its new extractor. If it fires that.... No problem, with that or Remington ball or hollowpoint. The 9mm is flawless now, ready for carry duty.

The 945 does its thing with Blazer aluminum. Again, no problem. I fired 40 rounds, eight at a time. 'Course I didn't hit anything for a while but that got better when I didn't flinch.

Couldn't hit well with the 9mm either. Flinching with that too. Gee! 100 rounds. Concentrating on the basics made it all better.

I'm happy with both guns. But not the shooter. Practice, practice, practice......

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Aha! Your name came up in conversation the last couple of days and someone surmised that you got out to the range. Glad that the weather broke and you were able to send some down range.

I also struggle with my form and have only been getting out to shoot very three weeks on average. I have to work on that.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Rain, rain. go away, I really need to get to the range today!! Way to go!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Glad to see you were outside trying to have fun.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Good to hear you're back out on the range.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Aw, heck, Bre.
I'm sure you know that just getting out and shooting something is almost as much fun as hitting where you're aiming.

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
Bre, I'm pleased you went with the name Paladin, I think that was my suggestion. You needed a more masculine pistol to keep those ladies in line!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
There's nothing quite like the smell of burnt gun powder on a nice day! Right, Bob? :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Jake, it was your suggestion to name it Paladin. Another member suggested Johnny, so you guys have the right idea.
Paladin behaves in a very masculine way. Big, tough, rugged-looking, no nonsense, a very healthy BOOM. If you're gonna hold him, hold him tight 'cause he's gonna jump. I finally got me to treat him respectfully and he responded with a much better group. I'm achin' right now to go wrestle with him again today.

Thanks, guys, I'm having fun again.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Couldn't hit well with the 9mm either. Flinching with that too. Gee! 100 rounds. Concentrating on the basics made it all better.

I'm happy with both guns. But not the shooter. Practice, practice, practice......
That's good advice Bre. Unfortunately I don't shoot as much as I would like to, so I too notice that there is some rust to be worked out when I hit the range....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts