Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the source: Watch The secret to perfectly cooked bacon is ... water? @ Komando Video

There are a million ways to cook bacon, but have you heard of this one? America's Test Kitchen says it's the best possible method of achieving crispy, not crumbly, bacon every time. The secret ingredient? It's water! Find out how to cook bacon perfectly in this handy video.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That's a new one on me - I like the show though. They really DO look for the best methods.

I could only get low 'muddy' sound. Anyone else or is it me?!?! :)

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
According to the source: Watch The secret to perfectly cooked bacon is ... water? @ Komando Video

There are a million ways to cook bacon, but have you heard of this one? America's Test Kitchen says it's the best possible method of achieving crispy, not crumbly, bacon every time. The secret ingredient? It's water! Find out how to cook bacon perfectly in this handy video.

NOW YOU TELL ME!!! I just had a bacon and egg sandwich for supper and the bacon was good, but I bet not as good as the bacon in the video. (Yeah right) It tasted so bad I had to eat it standing up because I had to eat it fast enough so I wouldn't taste it. HA! I will try it next time. (Looks like it might work.)

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Gotta try that. Ususally cook mine in a microwave unless I'm camping.

Reactions: Sekol and ACE35

·
Registered
535 Posts
I am also a fan of the microwave. Dutch cast iron Dutch oven is also a good way to cook it in the oven

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Even my biggest pan would only hold about 5 slices, while my electric griddle holds the whole pound. It would take me way longer to cook it than eat it with this method so I will have to pass.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Super Moderator
26,963 Posts
Bacon on the George Foreman!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
I fry mine in an iron skillet until it is crisp and crunchy. I don't have time to wait on that form of cooking.;)

Reactions: Drewski

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Just drooled on my iPad. Too much talk of crispy bacon around here! :D :D

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Amateur. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
That's how I cook a frozen package of bacon, put it in the skillet with water and toss a lid on top. Normally the pan holds 8-10 slices neatly, but with the water boiling it all, the meat contracts enough to rotate the pieces rather easily. I prefer using the convection oven for it, just hate cleaning up the racks and bowl every time.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
That looks really interesting! I had good sound on this video, mingaa - but I often have trouble getting sounds on other imbedded videos. I'm definitely going to give this a try, as getting rid of the bacon smell from the inside of the microwave takes some effort!

Thanks for posting!! :D

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts