Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
32,654 Posts
Milwaukee made Time Magazine's list as the top "Murder Capitol" for a city in it's size class. There is quite a bit if Black on Black violent crime, but that has changed to include everyone from every walk of life know. Yet according to the Liberals, we cannot be trusted to carry a gun for our defense. Violent criminals get little prison time or a slap on the wrist.Then they go out and commit another grievous crime. So the attempt to get our own CCW permits to carry is in progress.

·
Registered
34 Posts
well im in DETROIT :mad: looks like i got reason for CCW huh....

you know growing up here i never really paid attention to how dangerous it is here or what effect it has on a person living here...then i went to college. i was't used to people leaving there doors unlocked all the time, levaing keys in there cars, just casually smiling and speaking to passers by, and a ton of other stuff. then after a couple semesters in college and not coming home that much at breaks, i noticed that i actually felt kinda out of place and even timid when i was home for the summer. i recall looking at people when i was driving around and thinking, "why is everyone looking so grim and mean", even lil kids were looking tough. i asked a friend if i looked like that and she was yep...you use to look like you'd whoop sum ass for steppin on your shoe. sad thing was is that i probably would have.

detroit is a rough place but there are MANY good people here. just because a person looks mean, wheres a hoodie, is dressed in all black with timberland boots on, and has baggy pants on, it doesnt mean that he wants to rape or kill you....he just wants to borrow your car, so get out of it easy and quickly without bringing him any attention and you'll be just fine ;)....oh yeah, welcome to the D.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I saw a video once of a group in Detroit. They were blocking in cars and ruining them with something like a mob squad. After watching the video, I think I would have been afraid for my life in that moment, and I must admit I don't think I would have even pulled a gun considering I would have been severely out numbers. I think the best thing for that would have been a brick of c4 or something.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Trust me bro if you have 15 people in a group or mob surrounding you or your car and you start dropping them one by one the others will get the hint and flee lol

·
6,541 Posts
I'm not talking 15 ... I mean 150 of which I'm sure more than half of them would be packing as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm somewhere between Detroit and Flint #'s 2 and 3 on the list and while I grew up in Det. and went to school in that system a lot has changed there since then ( 1967 ) Whenever I go into the city now I always carry at least 1 BUG and several extra rounds for both.

·
6,541 Posts
I mentioned the Shreveport/Bossier (#10 on the Metro aera) area is 30 minutes from me ... TOnight on the news, there was a story of a pregnant lady who tried to stop someone from stealing her purse out of her car while inside the Circle K. She is now in the hospital in 'OK' condition with uknown status of the baby at this time from being thrown on the ground and being kicked in the stomach. She was 8 montsh prenant.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Well, I'm kind of surprised.  I expected New Orleans to be in the top 25 worst cities.  Not because of the riots after the hurricane, but just because when I lived there it had the top per capita murder rate in the nation.  Surpised it's not there.

I am aslo surprised to see Sumter, SC on the list.

Oh well, Tyler isn't there, so I'm set...

Todd

·
6,541 Posts
I don't think New Orleans isn't that bad anymore. I mean all the 'trash' left, freeloading off of everyone they could. We got some of it over here in Marshall, I know a lot went to Monroe too and trashed one of the huge office building built by State Farm before they pulled out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually, if one looks at the REAL statistics, New Orleans is WORSE than it's ever been. There's approximately 200K people there and the per capita murder rate is higher than Pre-Katrina. The total number of murders have gone down because there's not the population there any more.

·
Registered
84 Posts
number 7 is me and number 6 is my wife in the 50k-99k cities. At least WPB is falling in the category. Wasn't too long ago we were in top 5.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seattle is the most liberal city in the U.S. Oh, sure they do not reflect as much outward danger...but beware brother... :-\the internal dangers of the liberal left-wing ilk.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts