Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking about this gun. I had a P90 in the 90s and I liked it.

P95 opinions?

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just contemplating a possible purchase.

My experience with Ruger has been perfect, the P series best fits a larger hand imho, but I do like them.

I'd like to see how many people have 10 or more thousand through one.

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Had a KP95DC and never shouldve sold it,Not one malfunction of any kind...Ever.......

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Like the previous gentleman said: had one, sold it, regret it. Rugged, reliable a bit bulky ergonomically, but handles any ammo. I learned how to shoot on mine. A solid shooter for the money for sure! It will be around for a long time, those things are unbreakable.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
We have a pair of P95 pistols, early versions, one is a P95, the other a KP95, both decockers. They have run and run for nearly two decades without issue. The latest versions are a little more svelte than that original. If small hands are an issue, I'd recommend the SR9 or SR9c, as they both have adjustable back-straps. I own both, and they are even better firearms, especially for those with smallish hands( something I don't worry about).

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I have owned a P90, a P91, and a P95. Good pistols each one. If I have a chance, I might buy another P90....

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Ruger P series and enjoy shooting my P95 when an opportunity presents itself. At their real world price point they're nearly impossible to beat IMO.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well I was thinking about getting one myself The P95 fits my hand pefectly and the weight is really balanced well, the one I held tho had a custom chrome job tho and was $461 which I wasn't willing to pay for a pimped $300 gun... I also looked at the SR9 and it was nice too, it had a more comfortable grip but I still am thinking the P95 is my gun, Just not a pimped chromoly one.. I want it in the Grey Steel Finish like I saw in the magazine I was reading at Wal-Mart yesterday...They also showed it in a desert sand looking color that was cool..

·
Administrator
35,162 Posts
I had at one time a P97 AND a P95.....how did I let them get away? :???:

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Just thinking about this gun. I had a P90 in the 90s and I liked it.

P95 opinions?

I've moved through most of the Ruger P series starting with the P85, and just last year got rid of the P95 and went to the SR9C. While I was used to the safety/decocker configuration, I will not have a slide mounted safety anymore. Also, I never really liked the feel of P95 grip, even with the Hogue Hand All on it. At least with the others that had grip panels, I had the Pachmyer Wrap around, and they fit much better. Due to brand loyalty, I went to the SR9C as my EDC before I 'discovered' the new and improved Taurus. My years with Ruger were 100%, and I still 'linger' over a used P89DC on a table at a gun show. I'm sure you would be well served by a P95, but I would consider what other guns you have or plan to get. I try to keep everything with similar safety operation, and ambi controls, etc. to keep the 'muscle memory' the same. Good luck with that, and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I owned two P-95's. The first was when they first came out in the 1990's, it was a double action only. I thought it was great, fairly compact and a full cap magazine. The next I bought about 4 years ago, by then I had more experience with handguns. I noticed by then it was big framed and a bit clunky, plus some slide-to-frame rattling. It felt like old technology to me. I sold it and soon went to the Taurus PT-111, a vast improvement, more modern feeling and good fit.

I will give credit though to the Rugers, they performed flawlessly, probably due to their heritage being related to the P-85 which was submitted as contender for the new US military service 9mm, therefor they are built like tanks and perform like tanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I will give credit though to the Rugers, they performed flawlessly, probably due to their heritage being related to the P-85 which was submitted as contender for the new US military service 9mm, therefor they are built like tanks and perform like tanks.
The more I read about the Ruger P95 the more I think I want one, I have read about 600 reviews on this weapon and about 98% of the reviews were positive in nature and I have yet to see one about some massive failure or incident where it failed when it really counted. I held the P95 again yesterday in a different gun shop in Toledo, and this one wasn't pimped out or coated in some ultra shiny finish.. It looked like it had a Grey matte finish and the grips were a lighter grey and it was a really nice piece. The sales man loaded a mag for me and let me put it in the gun to feel the weight of it (with the safety on ofcourse) and it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be.. I have yet to fire one but I still feel like this is the main gun I want, Qwiks did say in another thread that the SR9 had more back strap/grip options and was just as reliable as the P95.. So I dunno I am leaning more toward these 2 then anything else right now, but the prices on them are still a bit higher than I feel I want to pay at $475 I can almost get 2 9mm Taurus'.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Excellent gun. I really enjoy shooting mine. Shoots anything. Easy take down for cleaning.

Can't go wrong with buying it and it's very affordable.

Dave

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had the 2 tone p95. Solid and reliable weapon. Soft-shooting 9mm and was my favorite range gun. Let my brother pick one of my pistols for a gift for his new home (his 1st firearm/home defense) He picked the P95 even after firing my Glock and XD. He loved how it handled and shot. Now looking at another p95 (black) to replace my 2 tone. Best 9mm for $300 IMHO!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I found a Ruger P95 NIB for $305 OTD and they couldn't do much on a PT809, but they also had a PT145 and a PT945 NIB for $315 each OTD so I dunno, they charge a $25 FFL charge if I order in an outside purchase online...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts