Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOURCE:
The Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol Is, 'Wild West Tech'

FIRST FEW PARAGRAPHS (click link above for full article and photos)

The Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol Is, ‘Wild West Tech’ Published on Monday, February 25, 2013
Tags:Cowboy Action Shooting|Gun Reviews|Norman Gray|Rossi
Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol Review.
By Norman Gray ©2012 POMA Member

Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol

Arizona --(Ammoland.com)- Most of us grew up on classic westerns and a few of us are old enough remember a black-and- white TV show that aired from 1958-1961 staring Steve McQueen called “Wanted: Dead or Alive.
This show featured a soft hearted Confederate Civil War veteran (Josh Randall) who made a living as a bounty hunter in the Wild West of the 1870s.
Steve McQueen was an amazing actor, but he wouldn’t have been able to do what he did without his trusty side kick, a modified .44-40 Winchester Model 1892 called the “Mare’s Leg.” He carried it in a modified gun slingers rig that attached to his belt and tied to his leg; he could draw and fire as fast if not faster than the western outlaws he was tracking.
If you’re a fan of the show, or just want a unique piece for your collection, Rossi has made it possible to own a replica of this famous movie gun. Rossi’s version of the Mare’s Leg is called the Rand Hand which is manufactured by Taurus International Manufacturing Inc. in Brazil.

Rossi gives you the choice of three calibers to pick from, .38 /.357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and the .45 Long Colt. The sample I requested had to be the .45 Long Colt as it is a well known symbol of the old west and made famous by Samuel Colts Single Action Army known as the Peacemaker which was carried by many heroes and villains alike. Its stopping power was legendary for the time and still is today. Most cowboys carried a rifle and revolver that used the same cartridge; they carried only one type of ammunition and gave them the ability to take close and long shots.
Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol and Gear

There are two models of the Rossi Ranch hand available in the .45 Long Colt, the Model RH92-57203 which has a case hardened receiver and retails for $655.00 and the RH92-57121 which is a normal matt blue receiver and retails for $579.00. The features are the same; it just comes down to what you prefer and all Rossi firearms carry their lifetime repair policy even on used models. When I received the Ranch Hand I had mixed feelings for this little pistol, but as time passed I found it very fun to shoot and hard to put down. The 4 lb unloaded weight of the pistol absorbs the recoil of the .45 Colt very well and using both hands holding it at arm’s length it’s easy to control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts