Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The Rifleman was a very popular program in it's day and time.

I was a big fan of the show.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I loved the Rifleman shows. It was followed by a show who's name escapes me.... maybe Johnny Reb? The actor's name was Nick___________???? I hate when this happens.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Not a fan of old shows like this but the flip cock is awesome.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
You should use him as your a altar.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yeah, it's one of our favorite shows at my house too. It usually comes on multiple times a week, and we always enjoy it. By the way, did you all see the Puma "Chuck Connors" edition rifle that came out a couple of years ago? I would have loved to have one, but the price was out of my range....

·
Super Moderator
26,856 Posts
I loved the Rifleman shows. It was followed by a show who's name escapes me.... maybe Johnny Reb? The actor's name was Nick___________???? I hate when this happens.
When what happens?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Then Chuck moved on to "BRANDED"

I liked the theme song to that one.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Nick Adams as Johnny Yuma in The Rebel, 1959-1961. Died of a prescription drug OD in 1968.

Nickadamsrebel.jpg

Is there nothing Google can't do? :cool:

The Rifleman, The Rebel, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Rawhide, Wagon Train, Wyatt Earp, The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, and at least a half dozen other westerns and historically based series (Davy Crockett or Combat!, anyone?) portrayed Americans as brave, level-headed, moral, and not prone to violence except as a last resort. Those values formed the foundation, I think, of the cultural values most of us older farts were raised on. I'm trying hard not to rag on the younger generations coming up, but I have to look hard to find any of those old-fashioned ideas that still resonate. Maybe that's why those types of shows have been replaced by all the shallow, staged, reality garbage currently keeping the masses entertained. :(

Dang, beaten by gwk1951 by ->||<- that much.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The Rebel carried a nasty looking coach gun. The Rifleman is still one of my favorite shows. They show it on AMC on Saturday morning AND on World Harvest Television frequently. Of course, Matt Dillion and then Gunsmoke are the two best and greatest shows of all time. I liked the quirky Palladin as well and Wagon Train with CLINT and of course, Cheyanne. There were some classic Westerns I wasn't fond of such as the Virginian.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Chuck Connors was terrific. I read an American Handgunner interview with him shortly after he died.....he still had two of the rifles from that show. Had fired them pretty recently too, and let the guy from AH fire one. Sounded like a solid guy.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Oh man I have a lot of western TV shows and even one I used to listen on the radio which would be Gunsmoke. I later loved the Rifleman, Cimarron, Maverick, Wanted Dead or Alive, Paladin, Raw Hide, Wagon Train, Bonanza etc. I've always been a fan of westerns be it movies or TV. Many of these play now on AMC and the Western Channel (starz). They also play a lot of westerns on the Hallmark Movie Channel some modern some older ones.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Liked Chuck in "Rifleman" and "Branded". Favorite is still Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide". We know where he went!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
The "golden era" of tv. I watched them all. In those days there was only three tv stations, no cable, and no internet. Life was simple and good!

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you ever notice, a lot of those old shows had episodes that taught a moral, or something good for the youths? Not anymore!
Yep. It still happens, but it's rare. Real rare. But it's true, ya watch one of the old shows and you walk away wanting to be a better person instead of disillusioned about everything.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts