Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my nickel plated Model 80 my dad bought in 1971 and later gave to me. It has had less than 100 rounds fired through it. I fired it not to long ago and got good groups with it. It tends to shoot a little high but not bad. Called Taurus to get an exact date of when it was made but their records only go back to 1981 so they could not give me an exact date. Safe to say this revolver will never be sold as long as i live.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I was expecting a Colt Single Action Army.....but I get ya.

If it shoots a bit high, try a lighter bullet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was expecting a Colt Single Action Army.....but I get ya.

If it shoots a bit high, try a lighter bullet.
I wish I owned a Colt Single Action Army lol!! Should have made the thread topic more clear but this revolver started my passion for Taurus Revolvers. Thanks for the info I will give that a try on the lighter bullets.

·
Super Moderator
37,282 Posts
That is a gorgeous revolver with a very special meaning attached!

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Reactions: TR38SPL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Since the rear sight is fixed, simply adjust your front sight placement to have the bullet hit where you want. Once you are familiar with the proper sight placement for you, that's it - you're 'dialed in'!

Bayou52

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since the rear sight is fixed, simply adjust your front sight placement to have the bullet hit where you want. Once you are familiar with the proper sight placement for you, that's it - you're 'dialed in'!

Bayou52
Thanks for the info. Will give that a try next time I take it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the importer marked as Firearms International, Garcia Corporation, or International Distributors, Inc.? That will help date it.

In 1967, FI announced it was going to start importing Taurus revolvers. Garcia Corp. bought out FI in 1970, but soon dropped importation of Taurus. International Distributors picked up importation as early as 1971.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is the importer marked as Firearms International, Garcia Corporation, or International Distributors, Inc.? That will help date it.

In 1967, FI announced it was going to start importing Taurus revolvers. Garcia Corp. bought out FI in 1970, but soon dropped importation of Taurus. International Distributors picked up importation as early as 1971.
It's marked "Taurus International Dist. Corp Miami Fla."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts