Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The author - probably at the risk of being called a racist - offers up some compelling statistics as well as an argument that the gun-grabbers are after the wrong prey (as usual).

The Real Gun Violence Problem | RedState

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yup, I reckon so. There is a reason we don't travel into the city's here after dark ( Flint, Detroit, Saginaw ) alone and unarmed....

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
There are places in Omaha NE I do not go period. I worked as a garbage truck driver for a while when I was laid off and there were places I did not particularly care to go in daylight. I carry, but I do not want the legal expense of having to defend myself after shooting some POS. I have the right and ability to defend myself and my family but there is no reason to be stupid about it. Discretion is the better part of valor and I choose to exercise it religiously.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
We as gun owners should also understand that the promoters of gun bans and limitations have a different agenda than the non gun owning public that neither understands the issues or cares about second amendment rights. They just jump on the bandwagon because they are in favor of reducing violent crime. The Brady bunch and the Feinstein's of this world really don't want their proposals to solve the stated problem. They want their proposals to become law, but they don't really want that law to solve the problem, That way they can keep coming back for more by stating that while the legislation previously passed was good, it wasn't good enough, and therefore we need more and more restrictive laws to control and eliminate firearms. That is their agenda.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I think pos morgan does not have a say in this, he IS not an American citizen,he probably has not read OUR constitution (alot of rot to him) and I think its time he bitched to and about us from the other side of the pond btw,there are some places you cant go in jolly olde uk either.

I lived and worked in and near San Francisco (yes the land of fruits & nuts, I was a nut!) No gunsatallsville,
and there were some places you just did not go.Same with the northwest when my lovely wife and I moved there. at least in Washington state you could ccw legally (we both did) as there were places in the seatac (seattle-tacoma) area you would not go without a weapon, the meth zombies started stealing everything in sight and the place I managed was robbed 3 times thankfully not armed in daylight, cause they seem to only scurry at night so that is one of only the many reasons we are were we are today.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The government is well aware of the fact that the cities they created are also the worst killing zones. The Democrats will never admit this problem because the majority of their voters are clustered there.

When the blood was only being spilled in the projects, the ghettos and the inner cities it was just a horrible tragedy, but now that the blood is being spilled in the suburbs and the more high rent neighborhoods "something must be done!"

The government created the situations we are dealing with and they will try to fix these problems with more of the same solutions.

This is by design for our government has grown and spread like an infection, and now it's primary function is to prove we need to be governed so it can continue to grow and spread.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
When the blood was only being spilled in the projects, the ghettos and the inner cities it was just a horrible tragedy, but now that the blood is being spilled in the suburbs and the more high rent neighborhoods "something must be done!"
Actually, the fedgov went out of its way to move crime to the suburbs. Even some of the lefties at the Atlantic Monthly admit it.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Wow! That article was pretty interesting. I hadn't even considered Section 8 as a possible reason for the spread.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Wow! That article was pretty interesting. I hadn't even considered Section 8 as a possible reason for the spread.
You must have the good fortune not to live near any apartment complexes that have gone HUD Section 8. Section 8 is the reason I pack heat at the grocery store.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interestingly, like any immigration legislation or voter ID legislation is racist, so too is any firearms legislation. Only the rich (aka whites) had the cash to get their guns/ammo/etc. before the regulation went into affect, ergo ****** is trying to disarm the minorities. But, you'll NEVER hear anyone speak that aloud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts