Taurus Firearm Forum banner

The PT111 G2 is now called the G2C moving forward

43K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  pegasus 
#1 ·
It appears Taurus has renamed the PT111 G2. A couple of dealers have received shipments of a slightly revised G2.

The changes are limited to a new logo and the Taurus Security System has been removed. A dealer Gunzinc was the first one I saw to mention this.

I talked to some folks today who confirmed it.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Airsoft gun

See less See more
#7 ·
That is a game changer regarding the TSS which was always a big marketing deal. I am wondering if the balance of the new models have eliminated it also.

#11 ·
As opposed to "PT111 Millennium G2"? I've seen it referred to as "PT111", "Millennium G2", "PT111 G2", "PT111 Pro G2","Millennium Gen 2", "Millennium Pro G2", etc. I always thought that "PT111 Millennium G2" was a mouthful, plus too many names for the same product.

#10 · (Edited)
It's good to see these will still be made and not outright replaced by the th and ts pistols, I think that's what they are called. The rename is going to cause a bit of naming grief for the forums and cistomer confusion in general.

#13 · (Edited)
#20 ·
Is it a model change that will make the original G2's not warranted after five years from now?

Reactions: Taurus1965 and cnj
#24 ·
I guess it's like the emergency brake...it's there if you decide that you need it. ;)

Reactions: Yissnakk
#28 ·
My guess is it's to get away from the "PT111" name because the first thing that pops up in Google when you type in "PT111" is "recall."

I consider myself extremely lucky. My first G2 was a compulsive purchase. I got an email from Classic Firearms advertising it and it looked like a great value. I also needed a carry gun as I was soon to get my concealed carry license. It worked out perfect that it had no defects and has been reliable to this day.

#29 ·
My guess is it's to get away from the "PT111" name because the first thing that pops up in Google when you type in "PT111" is "recall."

I consider myself extremely lucky. My first G2 was a compulsive purchase. I got an email from Classic Firearms advertising it and it looked like a great value. I also needed a carry gun as I was soon to get my concealed carry license. It worked out perfect that it had no defects and has been reliable to this day.
I think you're right. I can't count how many people who when they find out I have a PT111 G2 have said something to the effect of "Isn't that dangerous? I heard that (or saw on the internet) that those guns will go off by themselves if

A: they're dropped
B: they're shaken
C: they're breathed on too hard. :sarcasm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.