Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears Taurus has renamed the PT111 G2. A couple of dealers have received shipments of a slightly revised G2.

The changes are limited to a new logo and the Taurus Security System has been removed. A dealer Gunzinc was the first one I saw to mention this.

I talked to some folks today who confirmed it.

G2C.jpg

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if there any internal and/or functional changes (other than the TSS, of course). Frankly, I could never envision a happenstance of me actually using the TSS.

·
Vendor
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I wonder if there any internal and/or functional changes (other than the TSS, of course). Frankly, I could never envision a happenstance of me actually using the TSS.
According to the folks I talked to, there are no other changes. I haven't seen one myself yet to be able to confirm that firsthand.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I have used it quite a bit when we had our little grand niece with us. It worked well once I used to the fact that it was engaged. Still, I can see how it would be annoying and useless to some people. Removing it would simplify the manufacturing process and improve the margins somewhat. Plus a rebranding is probably overdue; the Millennium Series has a bad reputation - some of it deserved, some of it undeserved. All of mine have been excellent.

·
Super Moderator
37,282 Posts
That is a game changer regarding the TSS which was always a big marketing deal. I am wondering if the balance of the new models have eliminated it also.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I have used it quite a bit when we had our little grand niece with us. It worked well once I used to the fact that it was engaged. Still, I can see how it would be annoying and useless to some people. Removing it would simplify the manufacturing process and improve the margins somewhat....
Yes, its just my wife and I and we are both gun aware so there is no real reason to use it. If we have any kids here for any reason our guns are secured safely (other that the one on me retained for general security purposes).

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's good to see these will still be made and not outright replaced by the th and ts pistols, I think that's what they are called. The rename is going to cause a bit of naming grief for the forums and cistomer confusion in general.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The "C" must be for "Confusing"...?
As opposed to "PT111 Millennium G2"? I've seen it referred to as "PT111", "Millennium G2", "PT111 G2", "PT111 Pro G2","Millennium Gen 2", "Millennium Pro G2", etc. I always thought that "PT111 Millennium G2" was a mouthful, plus too many names for the same product.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
They may be planning on a G2 (Full Size). And the C stands for compact ...

No matter my PT111 G2 is a great pistol .. Still the best value on the market ... Best size vs capacity...my 26 sets in the safe .. The PT111 stays in rotation...
Uhm you do know they make 12,15,17,21,33 round mags for the G26 right? and you can buy 2 of the 12 rounders for what a 111 G2 mag costs typically.

Not bashing the 111G2, but if I'm going to be fighting for my life and have a choice between the 111 or the G26... I'm going with the G26 every time. ;)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3...you-might-like&utm_content=product-title-link

·
Registered
121 Posts
Not bashing the 111G2, but if I'm going to be fighting for my life and have a choice between the 111 or the G26... I'm going with the G26 every time. ;)
I'm going to pick the one that I've verified to work.
You sure put a lot of trust in glock by essentially stating that every single pistol they sell has zero problems.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I'm going to pick the one that I've verified to work.
You sure put a lot of trust in glock by essentially stating that every single pistol they sell has zero problems.
No I never said that, but I guess the same would apply to you and the 111g2? Right? Of course not. I can say in my experience with both 2 G26 vs 4 111G2 the score is G26 no factory issues so a (A). The 111G2 3 out of 4 guns good from factory so 75% or a (C) in my sampling. :)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Uhm you do know they make 12,15,17,21,33 round mags for the G26 right? and you can buy 2 of the 12 rounders for what a 111 G2 mag costs typically.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3...you-might-like&utm_content=product-title-link

Being I have a 10 Glocks ..im aware of different capicity magazines ... I useally carry a 27 with a 32 barrel ( 357 sig) with a flush 27 mag and a Glock 23 spare mag ...

·
Registered
222 Posts
They may be planning on a G2 (Full Size). And the C stands for compact ...

No matter my PT111 G2 is a great pistol .. Still the best value on the market ... Best size vs capacity...my 26 sets in the safe .. The PT111 stays in rotation...
Not saying it's not possible but if Taurus is coming out with the TS series then the TS full size would be redundant to a full size G2. But than again the TS compact is redundant to the G2.
The more I investigate the Spectrum the more I like it, the more I investigate the Curve the more I shake my head. As I said in an earlier post, Taurus needs to put money into management as much as new products.

·
Super Moderator
37,282 Posts
Is it a model change that will make the original G2's not warranted after five years from now?

Reactions: Taurus1965 and cnj
1 - 20 of 29 Posts